Question when applying for FAC

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

CraigH
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: Mayfair Sunderland

Re: Question when applying for FAC

#41 Post by CraigH »

dromia wrote:The cartridge and calibre is irrelevant to what you can shoot although I suspect the range will have a maximum calibre of .455" for smokeless propellant.

Unless a range/club is blighted by a nonsensical NSRA issued range certificate then you should be able to shoot anything you want on a club so long as it is safe, legal and uses ammunition that is within the range certificates limits when used in a specific firearm.

No doubt there will be many clubs who will have their own foibles and caprices around such things which is why understanding what you can or cannot do at any range is key knowledge.
Next time I'm in I 'm going to ask the question
sclg
Site Supporter 2019
Home club or Range: Pipers Shooting Club

#42 Post by sclg »

CraigH wrote:
•Rim fire & pistol calibre rifles, carbines and pistols
•Full bore rifles loaded up to 475 ft/lb m.e. or 1700 f.p.s. velocity
•Muzzle loading pistols/revolvers
Are you sure it's not 1475 ft/lb?? That's a fairly common value and 475 is so low that no normal c/f pistol calibre would be allowed!
CraigH

#43 Post by CraigH »

sclg wrote:
CraigH wrote:
Are you sure it's not 1475 ft/lb?? That's a fairly common value and 475 is so low that no normal c/f pistol calibre would be allowed!

I just took those figures direct from thaeir website - mean absolutely nothing to me!
CraigH

#44 Post by CraigH »

CraigH wrote:
sclg wrote:
CraigH wrote:

I just took those figures direct from thaeir website - mean absolutely nothing to me!
Something which I should rectify - could anybody pass on info which would help, a 'search term in Google' would help, e.g. should I google Muzzle velocity, or bullet velocity.

I obviously have a lot to learn
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#45 Post by dromia »

sclg wrote:
CraigH wrote:
475 ft/lbs, 1700 fps is quiet a standard range limit for many 25 yrd indoor ranges and yes some pistol cartridges will exceed those limits.

This just highlights the gross stupidity of NSRA issued range certificates with give those maximum figures and the goes on say that it alright to shoot pistol calibres, no wonder some people get very confused over this.

Basically at the the end of the day if you want club and range insurance then all rounds going down range must be within the M/E M/V and maximum calibre limits of its certificate. The actual cartridge/rifle is of no consequence.

It is incumbent on the club to be able to demonstrate and ensure that all rounds shot on the range comply with the said certificate..

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/