Shiney New Blue Goodness

This section is for reloading and ammunition only, all loads found in here are used strictly at your own risk, if in doubt ask again.
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should treated as suspect and not used.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should be treated as suspect and not used.

Use reloading information posted here at your own risk. This forum (http://www.full-bore.co.uk) is not responsible for any property damage or personal injury as a consequence of using reloading data posted here, the information is individual members findings and observations only. Always verify the load data and be absolutely sure your firearm can handle the load, especially older ones. If in doubt start low and work your way up.
Gh0st
Home club or Range: FDPC

Shiney New Blue Goodness

#1 Post by Gh0st »

Sooo after much deliberating i took the plunge and ordered myself a Dillon XL650.

Going to be reloading .44 for the underlever and also .38 for the LBR when it turns up!

Any fellow Blue press owners offer any tips ?

thankssign
All views expressed are my own unless otherwise stated! So please take your time to consider my opinions as biased to what i think is best....

http://www.bulletsandpixels.co.uk www.fdpc.org.uk
shugie
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Sperry at Bisley

Re: Shiney New Blue Goodness

#2 Post by shugie »

Gh0st wrote:Sooo after much deliberating i took the plunge and ordered myself a Dillon XL650.

Going to be reloading .44 for the underlever and also .38 for the LBR when it turns up!

Any fellow Blue press owners offer any tips ?

thankssign
Just watched a video of that in action, it's a bit of a monster, you could do a lot of shooting if you had one of those.
Careful now/that sort of thing
Gh0st

#3 Post by Gh0st »

The plan is to get back training to compete again, so few rounds to be made...!
All views expressed are my own unless otherwise stated! So please take your time to consider my opinions as biased to what i think is best....

Keithkilvo1
Home club or Range: ARPC

#4 Post by Keithkilvo1 »

Congratulations let the fun begin......
The best tip is to buy lots of brass, kg’s of powder, 1000’s primers and tons of bullets because once you start pulling that handle it’s hard to stop lollol
Sim G
Past Supporter

#5 Post by Sim G »

Been running the same 550 since 1991. Their guarantee is exactly as they say!
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
rox

#6 Post by rox »

Gh0st wrote:Any fellow Blue press owners offer any tips ?
Allow plenty of space around it. They have a habit of multiplying.

Gh0st

#7 Post by Gh0st »

rox wrote:
Gh0st wrote:Any fellow Blue press owners offer any tips ?
Allow plenty of space around it. They have a habit of multiplying.

I have already set aside the whole side of the Man cave / Dog room for reloading purposes. Much to the wifes lack of understanding...

Although one of the reasons i bought the Dillon was the ease of swapping out the calibres between .38 and .44 i can see me getting bored of doing that every time, so theres plenty of space for another press. :good:

Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#8 Post by Ovenpaa »

Enjoy :)

That reminds me I need to kick the RL-1000 into action as we are completely out of reloaded .357Mag and all there is left is a load of factory .38Spl that was destined for humane despatch, so a bit of a waste for an under-lever...

I have a few sets of Dillon dies in alternative cartridges however I tend to use them in single stage machines as the 1000 does not have a removable plate and seems to take a while of faffing around before it runs properly so it only ever gets used for the .357
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal