Any Info Please

Anything Fullbore rifle related, Hunting, Target, Match.

Moderator: dromia

Phil25

Any Info Please

#1 Post by Phil25 »

I have a Mauser 7.62/308 barrel marked "Oberndorf" p225 believe models is called "Titan" have tried Mauser Germany but not much luck, does anyone have any knowledge/experiance of rifle? It has twin pre-set triggers with removable box mag, safety is on right side above triggers, modern sport rifle. Thanks.
Ovenpaa

Re: Any Info Please

#2 Post by Ovenpaa »

Welcome to the forum.

I have a couple of reference books on Mausers and can check when I get home tonight if nobody else can help.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

#3 Post by Mike357 »

Hi Phil, welcome to FBUK. Glad to see you are getting stuck in with the questions. This is an excellent resource.
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
Phil25

#4 Post by Phil25 »

Thanks to you both.Phil25
John25

#5 Post by John25 »

Franz Mauser married a woman from Oberndorf, not that that's much help :bad: sorry.
Southcape

#6 Post by Southcape »

Ahh yes!

BUT!

Behind every great man, is an even greater woman. :good: O:-)
kingburyshot

#7 Post by kingburyshot »

The Mauser.com site shows a picture of the factory at Oberndorf. The actions made there are still sought after as the base for "best rifles".
Ovenpaa

#8 Post by Ovenpaa »

I just went through my two Mauser books and cannot find any reference to it however they are military biased. I will have a dig around in a couple of other books and see if anything comes up
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal