A Lesson about wealth: Zimbabwe cape buff hunt

All things Hunting, Fishing, Wildlife and Conservation related.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
"The Dromia Rule"

Deer Stalking… reliable word of mouth recommendation from someone you know has undertaken such stalking being offered by a specific syndicate is best. Like other walks of life, stalking has its scammers. E.G., make sure there is deer, of the species sought, on the land being made available; that appropriate insurance is in place; that there is recourse for recompense if it all goes wrong. In addition, obtain and understand terms and conditions; consider the implications of allowing a syndicate leader to be a FAC mentor; make sure ‘coaches’ are suitably qualified; consider the quality of deer management, the construction & execution of a shooting plan and safety; determine if the land is over-shot.

If in doubt, contact BASC or similar.

http://www.basc.org.uk/

Anyone considered to be a scammer will be banned without warning.
Christel
Site Admin

A Lesson about wealth: Zimbabwe cape buff hunt

#1 Post by Christel »

Sandgroper

Re: A Lesson about wealth: Zimbabwe cape buff hunt

#2 Post by Sandgroper »

A very good read and shows the positive aspect of that sort of hunting. My only problem is that it was Zimbabwe - a priah state with a blatant disregard for basic rights. The Govt is quite willing to take the money from white hunters but throws white farmers (and farm workers) off their (profitable) farms and gives the farms to ZANU-PF supporters who haven't the first idea about farming. :evil:

Mugababe took what was regarded as the bread basket of Southern Africa and turned it into a basket case.
“The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.”

Lieutenant General David Morrison

I plink, therefore I shoot.
Christel
Site Admin

#3 Post by Christel »

Sandgroper,

I totally agree with your description of Zimbabwe. Mugabe will never admit he got the farming situation wrong though. His number one supporter General Mujuru has just died under somewhat suspect circumstances. Mugabe has himself said that he is surrounded by corruption, a tad rich coming from him I have to say. Mugabe is getting old and frail and within long will cease to be in power. He may live another 5-10 years but sooner or later someone will take the throne after him. My point is that the situation in Zimbabwe is to be even worse before it perhaps gets better again.

...don't forget, this has been said over and over again, that Britain is to blame for everything that is wrong in Zimbabwe, not Mugabe.

:cool2:
Sandgroper

#4 Post by Sandgroper »

christel wrote:Sandgroper,

I totally agree with your description of Zimbabwe. Mugabe will never admit he got the farming situation wrong though. His number one supporter General Mujuru has just died under somewhat suspect circumstances. Mugabe has himself said that he is surrounded by corruption, a tad rich coming from him I have to say. Mugabe is getting old and frail and within long will cease to be in power. He may live another 5-10 years but sooner or later someone will take the throne after him. My point is that the situation in Zimbabwe is to be even worse before it perhaps gets better again.

...don't forget, this has been said over and over again, that Britain is to blame for everything that is wrong in Zimbabwe, not Mugabe.

:cool2:
That's why it went pear shaped after he took over! :G

Even the MDC are saying they've had enough. Can Zimbabwe survive another 5-10 years of him? Even the Chinese might be sick of propping him up :lol: if he stays for that long.

Some people here might be regreting this, now. Not to mention Mugababe is about the only person that still supports Gadaffi!

Did UK warn Mugabe and Nkomo about assassination attempts?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-14311834

But it sad to such a country in such a state. :(
“The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.”

Lieutenant General David Morrison

I plink, therefore I shoot.
Christel
Site Admin

#5 Post by Christel »

If we take aside the fact that all human beings do not think alike, no matter which side you are on the state of affairs in Zimbabwe are horrendous and I do wonder if Mugabe can see it? What problems Mugabe sees, he sees as being British made, let him be of that opinion, however why has he not spent the last 10 years trying to make it better? It truly was the bread basket of Africa and now it is a county in chaos. It serves no purpose to blame Britain and since Britian is not ruling Zimbabwe anymore and hasn't for a long time, who is to make it work? The one in charge I would have thought. I think he is a joke.
Christel
Site Admin

#6 Post by Christel »

I do wonder...the British government at the time did it's best to ensure the two rebel fighters stayed alive long enough to attend the peace talks and Mugabe eventually went on to be elected by the people.

Did the British government oppose the white leaders in the then Rhodesia because they knew Mugabe would do the following...

"During his time in office, he has virtually bankrupted his country and killed, beaten or jailed tens of thousands of his people."

On the other hand, what would Britain possible accomplish from doing that?

Conspiracy theories, yes you bet :)