Advice needed, what do I do next?

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
bnz41
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

Advice needed, what do I do next?

#1 Post by bnz41 »

I have never bought a firearm before without looking at it before hand.

So when we saw two firearms that were what we were looking for (but not local) a phone call to the selling RFD confirmed they were still available and were in good condition. So after a chat with the boss we decided to pay the asking deposit to secure the firearms, and arrangements made to get our certificates sent to have the items added with serial numbers etc. This only took 3 days to be turned around so full payment was then sent via bank transfer 31/1/2019 which the seller sent a text message to say payment received and he would ship our firearms that next Saturday 2/2/2019 to our RFD.
This is where the trouble starts. I phoned to see if shipped no answer so left a message. Waited several days tried again so left another message, he replied saying would ship the next Saturday. Again waited several more days I sent text message did firearms get shipped again no reply so phoned the receiving RFD not had a delivery. So Monday the 11/2/2019 sent him a point of fact email ref when he was paid etc etc. Got a 4 word reply "I will try Wednesday" rang this morning 14/2/2019 again no reply so left another message. Just spoken to our RFD nothing arrived.
What do we do next....??????? call the police as our property is being withheld. ask for our money back. Help
I will not say who the RFD is even if you send a PM sorry.
swotty
Home club or Range: FDPC & NRA

Re: Advice needed, what do I do next?

#2 Post by swotty »

Are you a member of basc or similar? If so it might be worth asking their advice.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using "An application"
bnz41

#3 Post by bnz41 »

swotty wrote:Are you a member of basc or similar? If so it might be worth asking their advice.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using "An application"
NRA I have made a contact waiting for someone to get back to me.
Andy632
Home club or Range: Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club (& Cawdor Rifle Club)

#4 Post by Andy632 »

Let's get this right.. Firearms paid for & details added to your fac by the seller? Right? So either fraud or firearms missing???? Contact Police now.
Rifle & Pistol Shooting in the Highlands with Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club.
Christel
Site Admin

#5 Post by Christel »

I am sure it will work out ok however just to point out that paying with a bank transfer is not a good idea if you do not know the seller as there is no guarantee.

We accept bank transfers however most of our customers are repeat and very often the item has been sent before I ask for payment.
Christel
Site Admin

#6 Post by Christel »

Part time RFD?

Which means it will take time...
bnz41

#7 Post by bnz41 »

Hi christel,

just to point out that paying with a bank transfer is not a good idea if you do not know the seller as there is no guarantee.

That's how he wanted payment what else are we to do.

Part time RFD?

It's a business so that should not make any difference he has had 2 weeks to get it sorted.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#8 Post by Ovenpaa »

Part time RFDs by definition often have other things to do, although I do agree they are a business so no excuses. I can think of many part time RFDs who are great to deal with and equally a couple I will never, ever deal with again.

We have a company policy of not paying for an item by bank transfer if the company is new to us. At least a card gives you some come back. I speak through a very bitter and costly experience a few years ago.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
bnz41

#9 Post by bnz41 »

Ovenpaa wrote:Part time RFDs by definition often have other things to do, although I do agree they are a business so no excuses. I can think of many part time RFDs who are great to deal with and equally a couple I will never, ever deal with again.

We have a company policy of not paying for an item by bank transfer if the company is new to us. At least a card gives you some come back. I speak through a very bitter and costly experience a few years ago.
He has got the money so no issue with the bank transfer, that's how he wanted payment and it went through ok paid in full.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#10 Post by Ovenpaa »

Yes, well we paid out GBP4500.00 on a bank transfer with absolutely no issues. They went into liquidation a few hours later and we never saw a penny of our money nor what we had paid for. There is virtually no legal comeback in such a case as apparently the employees, HMRC and creditors, followed by the liquidators had preference over us.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal