Post brexit planning/prepping

If we entered a time of Civil Unrest/Armageddon/Zombie Attacking, what would we do?

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Emergency planning regarding communication, water/food supply, shelter, equipment, transport and of course what guns to have with us!
WelshShooter
Site Supporter Since 2016

Re: Post brexit planning/prepping

#51 Post by WelshShooter »

1511562265160.png
shugie
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Sperry at Bisley

#52 Post by shugie »

the sainted Nige
Attachments
faridge.JPG
Careful now/that sort of thing
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#53 Post by Pete »

I just threw up my breakfast....................

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
HALODIN
Home club or Range: Oundle Rifle & Pistol Club

#54 Post by HALODIN »

Do you disagree the EU will go bankrupt? The EU is fiscally structurally unsound because of the independence of the bond markets in each country. It's simply untenable. What about the EU army? it's already started... There are so many reasons to leave, I'm surprised anyone wants to stay, even in the short term.
shugie wrote:I believe that we must agree to differ on the matter.
DL.

#55 Post by DL. »

HALODIN wrote:Do you disagree the EU will go bankrupt? The EU is fiscally structurally unsound because of the independence of the bond markets in each country. It's simply untenable. What about the EU army? it's already started...
I thought the EU deferred balancing their books for years.

Add to that, recession in Germany, similar goings on in Italy, the ongoing issue of Greece's debt repayments, I suspect the EU was going to be in trouble sooner or later regardless of their top third contributer leaving.

I just hope we get out in time that we aren't burdened with an ECB bailout for one of the Mediterranean countries.

We're not land locked, it's time to raise the drawbridge and let the super state look after it's self. They seem to be good at being protectionist around trade I notice.

I very much doubt Greenland ever looked back after leaving.
shugie
Past Supporter

#56 Post by shugie »

DL. wrote:
HALODIN wrote:Do you disagree the EU will go bankrupt? The EU is fiscally structurally unsound because of the independence of the bond markets in each country. It's simply untenable. What about the EU army? it's already started...
I thought the EU deferred balancing their books for years.

Add to that, recession in Germany, similar goings on in Italy, the ongoing issue of Greece's debt repayments, I suspect the EU was going to be in trouble sooner or later regardless of their top third contributer leaving.

I just hope we get out in time that we aren't burdened with an ECB bailout for one of the Mediterranean countries.

We're not land locked, it's time to raise the drawbridge and let the super state look after it's self. They seem to be good at being protectionist around trade I notice.

I very much doubt Greenland ever looked back after leaving.
Cameron did get a concession that the UK would not be called on to bail out any country which used the euro.

UK plc has never balanced its books, the rot started with William II in 1692, an English issue at the time, but the Scots weren't doing any better. And we're still alive and kicking.

Greenland had not spent 40 years building trade ties with the EU.
HALODIN

#57 Post by HALODIN »

As I recall it wasn't specifically Britain that was excluded it was all Eurozone countries, but after 2020 all EU members will have to adopt the euro.
shugie wrote:Cameron did get a concession that the UK would not be called on to bail out any country which used the euro.
HALODIN

#58 Post by HALODIN »

Should have read - "all non-Eurozone countries"
shugie
Past Supporter

#59 Post by shugie »

HALODIN wrote:Should have read - "all non-Eurozone countries"
Cameron got a specific exemption to that, the UK was never going to be forced to join the eurozone. And that was going to be incorporated into the next Treaty for all time.
Plumose
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: D&DR&RC

#60 Post by Plumose »

Denmark also has the exception to joining the Euro, but if we leave the EU and decide later to join we then won't have a choice.
Deddington and District Rifle and Revolver Club (D&DR&RC) http://www.ddrrc.net