Post brexit planning/prepping

If we entered a time of Civil Unrest/Armageddon/Zombie Attacking, what would we do?

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Emergency planning regarding communication, water/food supply, shelter, equipment, transport and of course what guns to have with us!
Geek
Site Supporter Since 2020
Home club or Range: Diggle Range and Rossendale Fusiliers

Re: Post brexit planning/prepping

#61 Post by Geek »

HALODIN wrote:Do you disagree the EU will go bankrupt? The EU is fiscally structurally unsound because of the independence of the bond markets in each country. It's simply untenable. What about the EU army? it's already started... There are so many reasons to leave, I'm surprised anyone wants to stay, even in the short term.
shugie wrote:I believe that we must agree to differ on the matter.
I would agree with you HALODIN.
Regards,

Geek

AI AT (.308/6.5CM), Ruger PR (6.5CM), American Rimfire (.22LR), Remington 700 (.223), Marlin underlever .38/.357/.44, Savage 6BR, RimfireMagic .22LR, Fabarm Lion (s1), Fabarm Axis Baikal S/S
DL.

#62 Post by DL. »

If Brexit is delayed by up to two years, I can't help but think that some of the preparations people have made to see through a time of shortage may not last well.

Fortunately I did not go out and stockpile any foods that I wouldn't ordinarily eat anyway.
Pippin89
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club

#63 Post by Pippin89 »

Plumose wrote:Denmark also has the exception to joining the Euro, but if we leave the EU and decide later to join we then won't have a choice.
I have to disagree with this. The EU need our money. We are one of only 5 net contributors to the EU and we are about to take that money away. If we decide to rejoin the EU (as long as we have a strong negotiator fronting it) then I think we would be in a very strong position to get ourselves a very good deal.

My take on it all is that no one could possibly know what would happen either way, not even the supposed experts in politics can agree on what will happen. So lets suck it up, uphold the democratic decision to leave and see what we can make of it over the next 5 years. If after that it doesn't work out then we can go back and they will welcome us with open arms. The only thing that would make it fail is a large portion of people (mainly driven by the media) who can't let it go and sabotage the countries attempts to make a success of this (like the majorities of politicians are going with the incessant voting on the exit deal....)

This all is, of course, if the EU still exists. My gut feeling is that this is the beginning of the end of the EU as it is. And the end of the EU would open up the possibility of going back to a standalone common market trade deal. Allow free trading for all countries while maintaining their own hierarchy and laws.
I can't see an issue with that. Some countries may go bankrupt as a result but that wouldn't be the first or last time this has happened and isn't the end of the world.

Rule Britannia, God save the queen and all that stuff!!

:flag13:
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#64 Post by Pete »

"Some countries may go bankrupt as a result but that wouldn't be the first or last time this has happened and isn't the end of the world........"

Yeah right...............OK as long as it's not YOUR country................

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
Plumose
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: D&DR&RC

#65 Post by Plumose »

And we keep seeing people saying the EU needs us more than we need them, if that is so why aren't they just giving us everything we ask for?

One of the purposes of the EU is to keep Europe as a whole stable to avoid the unpleasantness that was shown between countries up until the middle part of the last century which costs more in money (let alone lives) then we will ever pay in to the EU. This means that they have a strong incentive to not let countries go bankrupt (see Greece etc. already).
Deddington and District Rifle and Revolver Club (D&DR&RC) http://www.ddrrc.net
Geek
Site Supporter Since 2020
Home club or Range: Diggle Range and Rossendale Fusiliers

#66 Post by Geek »

Pete wrote:"Some countries may go bankrupt as a result but that wouldn't be the first or last time this has happened and isn't the end of the world........"

Pete
We may disagree on Brexit, however, I do agree with your statement above.
Regards,

Geek

AI AT (.308/6.5CM), Ruger PR (6.5CM), American Rimfire (.22LR), Remington 700 (.223), Marlin underlever .38/.357/.44, Savage 6BR, RimfireMagic .22LR, Fabarm Lion (s1), Fabarm Axis Baikal S/S
breacher
Home club or Range: EBSC

#67 Post by breacher »

Plumose wrote:And we keep seeing people saying the EU needs us more than we need them, if that is so why aren't they just giving us everything we ask for?
Because they know how to haggle / bargain.

Unlike us.
http://www.phoenixtactical.co.uk

RFD 2043 Cambridgeshire
Dellboy
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: Star Shooting Club

#68 Post by Dellboy »

breacher wrote:
Plumose wrote:And we keep seeing people saying the EU needs us more than we need them, if that is so why aren't they just giving us everything we ask for?
Because they know how to haggle / bargain.

Unlike us.

YEP
our lot need a lesson from Dellboy ...
2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

Enjoy today as tomorrow might not come .

Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.

Gazza

#69 Post by Gazza »

This time next year Rodney...we will have left! :D
Pippin89
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club

#70 Post by Pippin89 »

Pete wrote:"Some countries may go bankrupt as a result but that wouldn't be the first or last time this has happened and isn't the end of the world........"

Pete
You make that out to be a terrible thought. But yes I think we should do what's best for our country and not prop up other countries at the detriment of our own. And even if we did go bankrupt (which is always a possibility) like I said it wouldnt be the end of the world. We would recover.