My Portuguese Contract Mauser.

Post a picture or Youtube of something interesting, no peaches or muffins please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
If your post is vaguely 'Not Work Safe' please include NWS in the Subject field.
Ncb2734
Site Supporter Since 2020
Home club or Range: Spires rifle and pistol - Classic and Historic - NRA

My Portuguese Contract Mauser.

#1 Post by Ncb2734 »

Picked up my Portuguese Contract Mauser Saturday. Matching serial numbers including the firing pin.( Which I launched across the living room the times trying to put it back together)
Attachments
IMG_20190519_155830.jpg
IMG_20190519_160122.jpg
IMG_20190519_164158.jpg
WelshShooter
Site Supporter Since 2016

Re: My Portuguese Contract Mauser.

#2 Post by WelshShooter »

Nice looking metal on that! Do the Portuguese Mauser have a disc on the buttstock like a kar98? My Yugo Mauser does not, but I have a block of tough, but soft plastic which I use to keep the spring under tension to avoid the assembly from flying across the room!
Ncb2734
Site Supporter Since 2020
Home club or Range: Spires rifle and pistol - Classic and Historic - NRA

#3 Post by Ncb2734 »

No disc on the stock just the cartouche in the picture. I was gobsmacked when I found the firing pin was matching too.. Took me over ten minutes to find bolt face, firing pin and spring when it rocketed off across the front room.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#4 Post by Ovenpaa »

Ncb2734 wrote:Took me over ten minutes to find bolt face, firing pin and spring when it rocketed off across the front room.
Such things are known as 'Pingfeckits' in our workshop. I once spent a couple of hours machining a piece of 316 stainless, touching it on the polishing wheel and ping....... never did find it, not even when we cleared the workshop to move. These days I have little fixtures to hold things I am polishing which saves the parts and means I do not have beautifully polished thumb nails.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal