The end of English shooting YouTube channel

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Lancs Lad
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Diggle / Altcar and anywhere else that will have me.

Re: The end of English shooting YouTube channel

#251 Post by Lancs Lad »

TattooedGun wrote:
Dark Skies wrote:In the true spirit of the British shooting enthusiast a far greater proportion of people will devote a disproportionate amount of time angrily stabbing out reams of text decrying this Callum chap over actually doing something constructive to preserve shooting.
This is one of the reasons why we're all eventually going to lose shooting sports. Well, you lot are, I've been quietly laying the foundations for a life in the States. I suggest those that can begin doing the same.
Sorry? What?

I'm honourary (volunteer) chairman of a club that takes on new members as often as we can handle them, we run a juniors probation scheme and teach them the NSRA curriculum along with bringing on and teaching new members. We also have guest days throughout the year as time allows to introduce a wider audience to the sport.. I also work my free time to renovate and improve the shooting facilities for members and non-members...

And you're making plans to move to the states. I wonder who does more for preserving shooting in the UK... 8-)

Spot on!

:flag13: LL
safetyfirst
Past Supporter

#252 Post by safetyfirst »

+1
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

#253 Post by Dark Skies »

Sim G wrote:
Dark Skies wrote:In the true spirit of the British shooting enthusiast a far greater proportion of people will devote a disproportionate amount of time angrily stabbing out reams of text decrying this Callum chap over actually doing something constructive to preserve shooting.

You and I are diametrically opposed as to how we view Callum's efforts....
No, you have an opinion about the guy that's entrenched. I have no real opinion beyond it's some guy on Youtube that's working within the law. Good for him. When I see some actual evidence that he's a wrong 'un I'm open to changing views. By actual evidence I mean something beyond the usual gossip over a domestic / he's had his FAC pulled no smoke without fire etc. etc. Otherwise he's just some Youtuber (which, when you say it out loud, sounds a bit like a rude insult). But honestly, I really don't care about the guy or his channel and my support is limited to my gut instinct to cheer for the underdog,flip the finger to the mob of detractors, and disregard the constabulary. :)
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."
Sim G
Past Supporter

#254 Post by Sim G »

Dark Skies wrote:But honestly, I really don't care about the guy or his channel and my support is limited to my gut instinct to cheer for the underdog,flip the finger to the mob of detractors, and disregard the constabulary. :)

Or just flipping the bird to the shooters left behind as you have a golden ticket to shooting Mecca...? :)
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
ordnance

#255 Post by ordnance »

I think his problem was the police didn't like him openly talking about firearms on Youtube and decided to revoke his FAC. If it was up to the police none of us would have firearms, he give them the excuse they needed.
Beyond this, every instance is different but if you post pictures of yourself with your firearms on social media and someone can then search to work out your location then this is obviously unwise at best. Depending on the individual situation, carelessness on social media could lead to revocation as a breach of the conditions of your FAC as above as it could compromise your personal safety and security of the firearms.
BamBam

#256 Post by BamBam »

ordnance wrote:I think his problem was the police didn't like him openly talking about firearms on Youtube and decided to revoke his FAC. If it was up to the police none of us would have firearms, he give them the excuse they needed.
He kept his FAC for 3 years and then it was revoked due to a "personal incident" - his words to me over the phone. After the revocation he continued to make videos as if he was a legal FAC holder, without the supervision that he has now. He was told he would not get his FAC back as the police found him "disingenuous" - his words on his video.
Gh0st
Home club or Range: FDPC

#257 Post by Gh0st »

anybody see the fall out from yesterday which resulted in the latest video....
All views expressed are my own unless otherwise stated! So please take your time to consider my opinions as biased to what i think is best....

http://www.bulletsandpixels.co.uk www.fdpc.org.uk
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#258 Post by Blackstuff »

I watched it unfold live on Facebook over my breakfast, truly a mountain out of a molehill and a good reason to stay off social media when you're drunk or 'something else' (or at least sound as if you are) 8-) lol
DVC
Gh0st
Home club or Range: FDPC

#259 Post by Gh0st »

it was hilarious, I couldn't help but call him out on it. Truly inspiration customer service and PR right there.
All views expressed are my own unless otherwise stated! So please take your time to consider my opinions as biased to what i think is best....

http://www.bulletsandpixels.co.uk www.fdpc.org.uk
BamBam

#260 Post by BamBam »

Gh0st wrote:it was hilarious, I couldn't help but call him out on it.
Called him out when?