Support the pink. MARS/LR ban.

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
BamBam

Support the pink. MARS/LR ban.

#1 Post by BamBam »

There's some growing dissent among MARS/LR owners about the ban and them soon to hand in their lawful possessions for whatever compensation. They feel that there might be a bit of a public relations win if picture of a pile of evil black guns was shown to the nation's media, with all the trumpets blaring that we are now a safer nation.

Not so evil if all the guns were painted pink...

Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

Re: Support the pink. MARS/LR ban.

#2 Post by Pete »

Joking aside, that could well be a great ongoing PR exercise to alter the current negative attitude towards shooting..............better still, with matching camo clobber.
Kids would love it, and millenial parents might even relax their "no toy guns" rules. Bisley would be a riot of colour on Saturdays.
Chances are, some media t*@t would then accuse us of trying to make "lethal weapons" look like toys.

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
Sixshot6
Home club or Range: Mattersey

#3 Post by Sixshot6 »

Pete wrote:Joking aside, that could well be a great ongoing PR exercise to alter the current negative attitude towards shooting..............better still, with matching camo clobber.
Kids would love it, and millenial parents might even relax their "no toy guns" rules. Bisley would be a riot of colour on Saturdays.
Chances are, some media t*@t would then accuse us of trying to make "lethal weapons" look like toys.

Pete
Pink camo Smith's existhttps://www.mcavoyguns.co.uk/contents/en-uk/d83 ... ifles.html and now you said it.... I'm game for making my next ar duracote pink, twas the traditional male colour while blue was for girls....
Airbrush
Home club or Range: Nra

#4 Post by Airbrush »

No way, just taken delivery of my new .223 AR in OD & black. troutslapping

Happy to spray the LR Barbie pink though.
Sim G
Past Supporter

#5 Post by Sim G »

Spraying them pink, or any other suitable pastel colour, is a fantastic idea! Baby powder blue....?
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
HH1
Home club or Range: PSA

#6 Post by HH1 »

Sim G wrote:Spraying them pink, or any other suitable pastel colour, is a fantastic idea! Baby powder blue....?
Not if your Police Force interpret such actions as being "Spiteful", "Unreasonable" "Vindictive" " Childish" ...... which could add to whatever reasons they may already have not to want a person to have an FAC.

Painting rifles to look like toys could also be seen by the Police and the Media as "Trivialising the seriousness and responsibility of owning of such guns".
Sim G
Past Supporter

#7 Post by Sim G »

You’re over thinking it. And being pretty damning of your local licensing dept because of the emphasis added by Continuity ACPO, in favour of restricting this gun action.

Unfortunately having had to surrender banned firearms on three occasions, the local departments have always been sympathetic and never officious in that regard.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
BamBam

#8 Post by BamBam »

Did anybody who handed in non-working pistols or self loading full bores get any penalty for doing so?
I seriously doubt it.
Airbrush
Home club or Range: Nra

#9 Post by Airbrush »

HH1 wrote:
Sim G wrote:Spraying them pink, or any other suitable pastel colour, is a fantastic idea! Baby powder blue....?
Not if your Police Force interpret such actions as being "Spiteful", "Unreasonable" "Vindictive" " Childish" ...... which could add to whatever reasons they may already have not to want a person to have an FAC.

Painting rifles to look like toys could also be seen by the Police and the Media as "Trivialising the seriousness and responsibility of owning of such guns".
Just say to Plod are you being homophobic. shakeshout
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#10 Post by Blackstuff »

Once the terms of the compensation have been outlined, providing it won't have an impact on the 'valuation', mines going baby pink, already bought the spraycan from Wilko (£5) :good:

Will post pictures here (and everywhere) to try and encourage others to do the same clapclap
DVC