9mm LR & MARS - Grandfathered in.....

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: 9mm LR & MARS - Grandfathered in.....

#31 Post by Blackstuff »

You've got to be crazy to go stalking/do pest control without personal insurance kukkuk
DVC
Chapuis

#32 Post by Chapuis »

Alan D wrote:
Rockhopper wrote:You’d need to be double careful though, club insurance might only indemnify the range itself, not the individual shooter so it’d be sensible to have your own PI such as offered by BASC or the NSRA etc.
I think that the range being insured would satisfy the FAC condition but wouldn’t help with any claim made against the shooter rather than the range.
That's the point ... I had this discussion with a friend who uses my local range to zero his deer stalking outfit.

He didn't have any insurance cover via any sporting organisations, he had let it lapse and forgot about it.

It's one of those legal stipulations that effectively mean you are infringing your FAC.

The lesson is this, if you aren't 100% sure you are personally covered, get insurance via one of the shooting/ sporting organisations.
Not necessarily so. It could be that the shooter has an open certificate with permission to zero. The condition that mentions a requirement for adequate insurance cover replaced the condition relating to approved ranges only for target shooting. Years ago that was standard condition for target shooting in the days way back when the army still inspected civilian ranges and issued range safety certificates.

I'm in total agreement though that all shooters should have adequate insurance regardless of what form of shooting they are involved with and that to shoot without insurance is simply crazy. Despite this how many wildfowlers and rough shooters in particular do you come across that don't have any form of insurance whatsoever and who don't belong to a shooting organisation. kukkuk
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#33 Post by Ovenpaa »

Blackstuff wrote:You've got to be crazy to go stalking/do pest control without personal insurance kukkuk
Absolutely, yet it still goes on. A member of our local club fell foul of the firearms team last year and when it was suggested he contact BASC or whoever he was insured with he admitted he was not a member of anything and as far as I am aware, he still has not had his firearms returned.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Alan D
Home club or Range: Private range

#34 Post by Alan D »

Ovenpaa wrote:
Blackstuff wrote:You've got to be crazy to go stalking/do pest control without personal insurance kukkuk
Absolutely, yet it still goes on. A member of our local club fell foul of the firearms team last year and when it was suggested he contact BASC or whoever he was insured with he admitted he was not a member of anything and as far as I am aware, he still has not had his firearms returned.
I've seen it way too many times over the years....
HH1
Home club or Range: PSA

#35 Post by HH1 »

I'm "only" a club shooter... but I have 10 million insurance cover via The Shooters Rights Association. We have it as part of annual club membership. Doesn't cost much and at least I know that I'm covered.