Hawke scopes

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Racalman
Home club or Range: LPSC and NRA

Re: Hawke scopes

#11 Post by Racalman »

What's your budget?

I recently bought a Sightron S-TAC 3-16×42 for my AR-15, which I shoot for fun out to 300 yards.

At just over £400 it was the cheapest scope I have ever bought by a long way, but it's fine for what I needed.
20190531_140639.jpg
Geek
Site Supporter Since 2020
Home club or Range: Diggle Range and Rossendale Fusiliers

#12 Post by Geek »

The Gun Pimp wrote:If you want a Chinese scope then the Hawke is a decent Chinese scope. There are other Chinese scopes which are cheaper and just as good.
Agreed, Fox's 8-32 x 50 is an excellent scope for the money. I have previously used mine to 900yrd. Also, at a recent benchrest competition someone was using one at 1000yrds.

http://www.foxfirearmsuk.com/websites/1 ... hone-ready
Regards,

Geek

AI AT (.308/6.5CM), Ruger PR (6.5CM), American Rimfire (.22LR), Remington 700 (.223), Marlin underlever .38/.357/.44, Savage 6BR, RimfireMagic .22LR, Fabarm Lion (s1), Fabarm Axis Baikal S/S
joeuk
Home club or Range: Yorkshire shooting centre

#13 Post by joeuk »

I am looking at £200 max seen some Konus 6-24x44 but think these are the bottom end
Duey
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: Offas Dyke, Pickering, North Cotes Butts and Grove small arms

#14 Post by Duey »

If £200 is your budget then the fox 8x 32 is what you’ll be wanting at about £150
joeuk

#15 Post by joeuk »

Clicked link but no prices and can’t seem to find any when searching the internet , maybe they have stopped making these r changed name
Plumose
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: D&DR&RC

#16 Post by Plumose »

He doesn't put prices on the website, just give him a call.

Really nice and helpful to talk to, I have one of his on my 6.5 CM and used it out to 600 yards so far.
Deddington and District Rifle and Revolver Club (D&DR&RC) http://www.ddrrc.net
The Gun Pimp

#17 Post by The Gun Pimp »

joeuk wrote:Clicked link but no prices and can’t seem to find any when searching the internet , maybe they have stopped making these r changed name
Nope - Brian Fox has loads of em. About£130 I think.
joeuk

#18 Post by joeuk »

Sounds good then will bookmark the site
Pippin89
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club

#19 Post by Pippin89 »

joeuk wrote:most things are now made in china if the design is right then the Chinese can do a good job , lets face it iPhones are made there and own a fantastic British speaker thats made there so no problems with made in china.
I deal a lot with Chinese manufacturers and here is the key thing.... If you send them a design and ask them to make it as cheaply as possible then they will make it damn cheap and it will be a POS. If you send them a design and a spec and say I want this part made to this spec they will make you what you want, with reasonable quality to the spec you want for somewhere in between the cheap Chinese price and the European price. It still won't be up to par with a European made part but the cost/quality ratio will be better.

My dealings with Indian manufacturers though is that they will make parts to the spec you want with European quality and cheaper than the Chinese "to spec" price. Not sure if anyone in India is making optics but if they are then it would be worth a look!
Ncb2734
Site Supporter Since 2020
Home club or Range: Spires rifle and pistol - Classic and Historic - NRA

#20 Post by Ncb2734 »

Discovery optics are good also. they are .338LM rated reasonable pricing too