Portable shooting bench

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

Re: Portable shooting bench

#11 Post by Alpha1 »

The Gun Pimp wrote:
phaedra1106 wrote:I think our club would be interested in booking a day as well, I tried the web site but it doesn't work.
Yeh - we're just swapping servers and updating the site at the same time so it will be down for a week or so. Again, PM me on targetshooteronline2icloud.com and tell me what you want.

Thanks.
At the moment my club members are in a state of shock having been denied the use of ranges we have been using three weekends out of four for years we now find our selves with no suitable ranges available to us at all.
I'm struggling to get them motivated at the moment and I'm desperately trying to secure suitable ranges to get them back out there. Like I said the average age is 66 the danger is they will just give up.
phaedra1106
Past Supporter

#12 Post by phaedra1106 »

There's no ban on gallery ranges, there are several available on Catterick and of course there's Ponteland (300 and 600yd ranges) or Battle Hill.

Ponteland have several full weekends free on both ranges in the coming months so there's no shortage of available ranges.

The NRA say they are still in talks with the MOD, so far we've heard at least three different reasons why we're not allowed the use of the field firing ranges.
There's room for all Gods creatures, next to the mash and gravy :)
Alpha1

#13 Post by Alpha1 »

Catterick 6G Whipperdale gallery range is also currently unavailable until further notice due to flooding.
Ponteland I would not have a clue having never been there. I wouldnt know were or how to book it.
Battle Hill is to expensive and to mutch of a chew on for a small club.
phaedra1106
Past Supporter

#14 Post by phaedra1106 »

Ponteland is easy to find and book, just ring Landmarc for the available dates and email or post in a BAMS907, same as you would for Catterick or any other MOD range.

A range is 100 - 300yds, B range (where the range office is) is 100 - 600yds

I can supply you maps and directions etc. there are plenty of dates still available for this year.
Alpha1

#15 Post by Alpha1 »

What sort of targets are they gallery ranges. I would appreciate any information it may be an option.
phaedra1106
Past Supporter

#16 Post by phaedra1106 »

Both are gallery ranges, targets are the usual NRA 600yd target boards on the metal frames/pulleys to raise and lower them, here's a couple of photos,
Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-2.jpg