Home office Approval

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

Home office Approval

#1 Post by Alpha1 »

I'm pleasantly surprised disregarding the hike in the cost of the thing.
I sent my application in over the weekend I received an acknowledgment today (Monday) that they had received it and are processing it. I received a phone call from my licensing department this afternoon. (Monday) asking if they could make an appointment to go through the application with me. That's no guarantee it will be successful of course. But I expected to wait weeks before anything happened.
Alpha1

Re: Home office Approval

#2 Post by Alpha1 »

Well, that was intense but all went well.

lollol
RDC

#3 Post by RDC »

Intense?
Alpha1

#4 Post by Alpha1 »

RDC wrote:Intense?
adjective
If you describe an activity as intense, you mean that it is very serious and concentrated, and often involves doing a great deal in a short time.
Alpha1

#5 Post by Alpha1 »

Quote: Just saw this linked from Reddit https://news.merseyside.police.uk/news/ ... lub-373596

Someone on Reddit was reporting that the club has lost it's home office approval, but they haven't been told why

After reading this thread I was quite happy with my belt and braces approach to the running of my Club. The members sometimes complained I was over the top. Without Home office approval the Club ceases to exist and the members have no reason to have a firearm certificate if it's their primary club. So I jumped through the hoops and hopefully, we will have a better outcome than Anfield-Gun-club.
I intend for our Club to be around for a long time because I need somewhere to shoot.
MistAgain

#6 Post by MistAgain »

Other clubs have been "visited" as well.
kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

#7 Post by kennyc »

Alpha1 wrote:Quote: Just saw this linked from Reddit https://news.merseyside.police.uk/news/ ... lub-373596

Someone on Reddit was reporting that the club has lost it's home office approval, but they haven't been told why

After reading this thread I was quite happy with my belt and braces approach to the running of my Club. The members sometimes complained I was over the top. Without Home office approval the Club ceases to exist and the members have no reason to have a firearm certificate if it's their primary club. So I jumped through the hoops and hopefully, we will have a better outcome than Anfield-Gun-club.
I intend for our Club to be around for a long time because I need somewhere to shoot.
is that the same club visit that we had a long thread about recently ?
Alpha1

#8 Post by Alpha1 »

Yes so need to go over it again in this thread.
Alpha1

#9 Post by Alpha1 »

All is good everything was in order we live to fight another day.
The process was very in-depth but the moral of the Story is if you adhere to the guidelines and have documented evidence to support it. You have nothing to worry about.
Lancs Lad
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Diggle / Altcar and anywhere else that will have me.

#10 Post by Lancs Lad »

Alpha1 wrote:All is good everything was in order we live to fight another day.
The process was very in-depth but the moral of the Story is if you adhere to the guidelines and have documented evidence to support it. You have nothing to worry about.

Absolutely .... and if nothing else, it allows you to fight your corner!

:flag13: LL