The clock is ticking....

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

Pippin89
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club

Re: The clock is ticking....

#11 Post by Pippin89 »

kevinww wrote:Patience is he key you don't want to get yourself identified as a nuisance.

Latest data on waiting times is here https://basc.org.uk/firearms/firearms-l ... able-2018/ so based on you saying you come under Sussex you are almost a 1/3 of the way through the wait if they are still operating a 42 day turnaround.
37 days for coterminous.... lol
Yeah I have seen this. I would have thought if they are going to make it for 37/42 days then I should get contact to book an appointment fairly soon. Its a pain when you find a rifle you want for sale and it sells while you're waiting for your cert to come through! Haha
kevinww

#12 Post by kevinww »

Have a word with your referees and ask them to let you know if they are contacted as that should be a precursor to home visit, but not always.
CraigH
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: Mayfair Sunderland

#13 Post by CraigH »

It took 4 weeks before I was contacted to arrange visit - I only had one referee contacted, as I've said previously 8 weeks in total....just hang in on there, feels like nothing is happening but you'll get there in the end!
Pippin89

#14 Post by Pippin89 »

Yeah I have asked them to let me know. But neither of them have heard anything yet....
Pippin89

#15 Post by Pippin89 »

Just had a phone call to arrange to come and see me! Just over 2 weeks is a pretty good turn around. Fingers crossed the next part is as quick.

One question, neither of my references have heard anything yet. Do they normally do this before or after the interview? I know some people have said their references have never been contacted etc. Just wondering if I can tell them to stand down yet! haha
kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

#16 Post by kennyc »

a friend recently returned from abroad where he was a regular shooter, he has joined a club and gone through the hoops, it still took TVP a year to process his application !
Pippin89

#17 Post by Pippin89 »

Just had a call from my GP to let me know he has received it and is happy to sign it. Another good sign!
Pippin89

#18 Post by Pippin89 »

So I had my FEO visit on Friday. Very nice lady. Gave me lots of advice on how to not get my licence taken away... Most of it boiled down to "don't p**s anyone off, especially if they know you have guns...."
But anyway I think she left happy. And she was happy with the guns and ammo allowances I had asked for which is good. Just got to wait for it to arrive now. She said it could take 1 week or it could take 6 weeks. It all depends on how many renewals they have as they are prioritised for obvious reasons! Fingers crossed its not too long!
Christel
Site Admin

#19 Post by Christel »

Well done you goodjob
Pippin89

#20 Post by Pippin89 »

christel wrote:Well done you goodjob
Thanks Christel. I was fully expecting her to question me requesting 1200 .22LR but she didn't even mention it.