Gun Crime UK

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Christel
Site Admin

Gun Crime UK

#1 Post by Christel »

Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

Re: Gun Crime UK

#2 Post by Pete »

Yet another septic gobbing off about how unsafe the UK is...............

https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
Daryll
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Isle Target Sports Club

#3 Post by Daryll »

But hes not wrong.....
Fedaykin
Home club or Range: Cawdor

#4 Post by Fedaykin »

Yes he is, his argument are absurd and show a total lack of understanding of statistics or our culture. He also fails to understand that correlation is not causation, like most American 2A evangelists he can't wrap his head around the fact that when Pistols were banned in 97/98 they were not used for self defence on mainland UK. There are other circumstances for the increase in knife crime and no clear evidence that the pistol ban had anything to do with it.
I am Arthur Frayn, and I am Zardoz.
I have lived 300 years...

I am immortal.
I present now my story,
full of mystery and intrigue,
rich in irony, and most satirical.
Sim G
Past Supporter

#5 Post by Sim G »

I'm a big proponent of RKBA, but the writer of that article is simply, full of sh1t....
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Pete
Past Supporter

#6 Post by Pete »

RKBA?

Pete
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
Sim G
Past Supporter

#7 Post by Sim G »

Right to Keep and Bear Arms. Which was enshrined in British Constitutional law almost a 100 years before the US Bill of Rights was written. But then prior to 1776, those in America would actually have been British anyway so wouldn't have needed their own BoR as they already had one, ours, if you see what I mean....
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Pete
Past Supporter

#8 Post by Pete »

And do you really believe that RKBA in the UK would reduce gun/knife crime?..............good luck with that.............

Pete
Sim G
Past Supporter

#9 Post by Sim G »

Yes it would go some way, without doubt. Especially when part of a holistic approach to dealing with armed criminals and victims who have been left defenceless.

Pete
Past Supporter

#10 Post by Pete »

I think a lot more would try their luck, including the mentally unstable, if they could easily and cheaply get hold of a pistol..........
Anyway, if you yo'all think the american way is so good, why not re-locate? Plenty of space over there..........

Pete