Tactical kit recommended outlet

Had a good experience with a gun shop or rifle maker? Found a good deal? Tell us about it. Had a bad experience, TELL THE GUN SHOP!

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Posting of negative comments in the Gunshop section could bring unwanted criticism on the forum, having said that it is important to let members know if dealings with a Gunshop were less than ideal for you. To that end we will allow what will be known as the 'Scotsgun Ruling'

The Scotsgun Ruling:

>Add Gun Shop here<

"As I've yet to have a 'positive' experience there, I'll refrain from commenting further."

Beyond that please take it up with the Gunshop, if you do resolve the issue in a agreeable manner let us know!

This rule applies to the entire forum.
Dangermouse

Tactical kit recommended outlet

#1 Post by Dangermouse »

http://www.tactical-kit.co.uk/

Having long been a fan of the 5.11 (pronounced five eleven) range of trousers I am always on the look out for the cheapest store. The above store appears to be offering the best deals at this time. I rang them yesterday to confirm that they had what I wanted, and received good advice and information from the sensible chap on the phone who knew his stuff. I placed an order around 1530 hrs on Tuesday and received the parcel with all the correct items at around 1230 Today - Wednesday.
You can't ask better than that and clearly I have no hesitation in recommending the store,

DM
Without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of civilisation, of the massacre of mankind.
Forever Autumn, War of the Worlds.
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

Re: Tactical kit recommended outlet

#2 Post by dromia »

This tactical everything has me confused, not difficult at my time of life.

What are "Tactical" pants?

What makes trousers non-Tactical?

Sounds like a fashion/marketing thing to me that has no practical meaning.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
20series
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

#3 Post by 20series »

Yep and located about four miles from where I am sitting at the moment :cheers:

I bought the 5.11 double rifle case from them and a couple of extension pouches, I have to admit apart from the press studs on the pouch straps being a bit naff (araldite will fix) I'm fairly happy with it.

Alan
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
Dangermouse

#4 Post by Dangermouse »

I will accept that tactical this and tactical that is widely used in marketing to certain markets, some of those markets are made up of youths, sofa commandos and Walter mitties. But there is a market for well made clothing that keeps on working when other every day items would have long given up the ghost.

5.11 gear is normally quiet good and they are responsive to comments from users as to where their items fail or possible up grades, I am sure if 20Series was to email 5.11 he would receive a prompt reply.
I know that as well as visiting many US Police Forces and military establishments they have also taken the trouble to visit the UK to see how we differ.

Read the specs on the trousers I just received (with free knee pads and cap), somewhat better made than those you might buy from M&S, you may also notice that they do a very good range of waist sizes to cope with the US market.
http://www.tactical-kit.co.uk/511-tdu-r ... 1234-p.asp

DM
Without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of civilisation, of the massacre of mankind.
Forever Autumn, War of the Worlds.
Ovenpaa

#5 Post by Ovenpaa »

James (Rifleman798) is also starting to stock some interesting things so it is always worth giving him a shout/PM
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Chuck

#6 Post by Chuck »

All 5.11 Military Apparel is made to US DoD and UK MoD specifications with the best manufacturing processes and is worn by almost everyone working as a "security consultant" or contractor...it sticks out a mile on tele. Even the US security bods at the airport wear the stuff. I think Blackhawk do a similar line. either way it all looks professional and very smart.

5.11 gear is designed for folks who carry a firearm as a work tool and it is hard wearing, well designed and has nice wee touches like on the trousers, a wee strap to haul you out of danger when /if you go down. It does not look military in style and passes well as casual gear

I have several pairs of 5.11 trousers, or cargo pants in the fashion world. They are as comfy as anything, great for travel. The shirts are also good, you can carry a pistol and mags and no one would ever know..the CCW short sleeved ones also have a velcro fastener at the sides to enable a fast draw. The 5.11 belts are "rigger belt" design and specially stiffened ones are avaiable if you wear a holstered pistol.

their polo shirts are good too, not like Primark or the 24/7 brand.

The denim jacket is heavy and warm, mag and radio pockets inside 9detachable) and nice deep side pockets which can accept a holster.

there was also a chap who sold on fleabay "vine trading I think) his service wa sgreat but I think he's gone.

What else, their rucksacks are cavernous, got loads of stowage compartments and even a place at the back for a water bladder e.g camelbak thingy... I have two 5.1 holdalls, a range bag that takes loads of mags, pistols, ammo and has loads of stowage including a liftout section, also a normal "grab" type holdall that police use, complete with baton loops, water container /extinguisher pockets etc etc

BTW: I got two pairs brand new 5.11 pants, rip stop material, GREY, 32" leg and 38" waist. they are about £40 a pair but I'll do both for £40 if anyone wants.

Definitely happy with 5.11 kit for sure...but shop around, prices can vary quite a bit

http://www.511tactical.com/
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
Scotsgun

#7 Post by Scotsgun »

dromia wrote:This tactical everything has me confused, not difficult at my time of life.

What are "Tactical" pants?

What makes trousers non-Tactical?

Sounds like a fashion/marketing thing to me that has no practical meaning.

Over priced gucci type s*** usually worn by Walts who either consider themselves ninjas or action men. Usually they'll have a loud mouth and an big belly to match - note that it's rarely a problem to get the kit for 48" waistlines. You've seen the type on the ranges; strutting their stuff with their black tactical type bags with a hundred straps from which they withdraw their spoitless black tactical type shooting mat complete with a hundred staps. God forbid either gets mud on it before the rifle is gently cushioned on it, 10 rounds are sent 300yds downrange, the rifle is quickly polished and returned so that he can then profess his skills as a sniper.

Not for him the reality of actually serving , the days spent lying in freezing mud and ditches, p*** and s*** in alternte plastic bags. He'd much rather read a few books by fantasists like Chris Ryan and make his own past up to match his delusions.

We recently had a couple of them at Bisley - all the gear and no idea. p*** off that they had to shoot alongside us who 'weren't taking the shooting seriously enough,' professing loudly how the scope mounts were at fault for his inability to read and compensate for the wind. Two nobbers trying to 'out do' each other's bullshit. I wonder how they would have reacted had they known that there was actually 7 former snipers and 2 instructors within earshot all morning?