New Welsh Member

New to the forum? Tell us who you are.

Moderator: dromia

WelshShooter
Site Supporter Since 2016

Re: New Welsh Member

#11 Post by WelshShooter »

Welcome to the forum Gwyn. That makes a population of 3 Welsh people on here now lol
snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#12 Post by snayperskaya »

WelshShooter wrote:Welcome to the forum Gwyn. That makes a population of 3 Welsh people on here now lol
I get classed by many as Welsh by default, being from Shrewsbury! lol
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
jamesy13
Home club or Range: Aberystwyth Rifle & Pistol Club

#13 Post by jamesy13 »

snayperskaya wrote:
jamesy13 wrote:
snayperskaya wrote:Are you in Aber or further out?
Im actually nearer Borth on a farm. Do you know the area?
I do indeed, spent quite a bit of time in Mid Wales over the years.
Thats Great. Its lovely here by the sea
jamesy13

#14 Post by jamesy13 »

38Super wrote:Welcome to the forum.
I used to have two single action army's in .44 special and absolutely loved them. :good:
The traditional sights on them are completely useless for target shooting though. :bad:
I bet they are. Its just the handling and hammer I really want to experience. I do like cowboy guns :) had a go with a .44 magnum under lever at the club and it was so much fun to shoot.
jamesy13

#15 Post by jamesy13 »

WelshShooter wrote:Welcome to the forum Gwyn. That makes a population of 3 Welsh people on here now lol

We are a rare breed lol
WelshShooter
Site Supporter Since 2016

#16 Post by WelshShooter »

jamesy13 wrote:

We are a rare breed lol
Indeed we are!

I had a Pietta 1858 in .44 far a short while a number of years ago. It was fun while it lasted and my first venture into blackpowder shooting. The only reason I passed it on was due to the fact I didn't have the time to shoot it as much as I wanted due to work commitments at the time.

There's lots of choices from the Henry Krank catalogue, which I'm sure you're aware of. But the SAA is a nice revolver, never got the chance to shoot one though but I do like the aesthetics.
jamesy13

#17 Post by jamesy13 »

WelshShooter wrote:
jamesy13 wrote:

We are a rare breed lol
Indeed we are!

I had a Pietta 1858 in .44 far a short while a number of years ago. It was fun while it lasted and my first venture into blackpowder shooting. The only reason I passed it on was due to the fact I didn't have the time to shoot it as much as I wanted due to work commitments at the time.

There's lots of choices from the Henry Krank catalogue, which I'm sure you're aware of. But the SAA is a nice revolver, never got the chance to shoot one though but I do like the aesthetics.
I bet that was an awesome bit of kit. Its the Pietta 1873 SAA im looking at. Its a fair bit lighter than the navy style revolvers by the looks of it and like you said, look amazing.
I have been drooling over the Henry Krank website. I use Blue Fox glade in Devon for all my shooting equipment and he also stocks every thing I will need for cap and ball.