Overtrousers

All types of competitive shooting including Bell Target, MR TR F/TR F Open, GR, Small Bore and BR

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
This section is for people who shoot or want to shoot in competitions and includes future events, how to get started, choice of rifle and calibres including wildcats, how to prepare for your competition, and of course how you did!
johngarnett
Site Supporter Since 2015
Home club or Range: Cornwall RC @ Millpool; Duchy Shooting Assn @ Zelah

Overtrousers

#1 Post by johngarnett »

May I ask for the thoughts on bib and brace type wind and waterproof over trousers in Goretex type stuff. Must have B & B 'cos if you've ever shot TR prone in the p***ing rain with ordinary trousers you'll know what I mean :o
I have tried the local shops for B & B but to no avail. Anyone have any direct experience of offshore sailing or fishing kit that works please?
Thank you
JohnG :cornwall:
kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

Re: Overtrousers

#2 Post by kennyc »

johngarnett wrote:May I ask for the thoughts on bib and brace type wind and waterproof over trousers in Goretex type stuff. Must have B & B 'cos if you've ever shot TR prone in the p***ing rain with ordinary trousers you'll know what I mean :o
I have tried the local shops for B & B but to no avail. Anyone have any direct experience of offshore sailing or fishing kit that works please?
Thank you
JohnG :cornwall:
Milsurp bib and braces, goretex and cheap
Cornish-Viking
Home club or Range: Tamar Rangers, Cornwall Rifle Club, Duchy Shooting Association & Launceston Rifle and Pistol Club

#3 Post by Cornish-Viking »

A bloody must at Millpool John..
- Tikka - 6.5 Creedmoor/MDT ACC
- Schmeisser LMR 223
- 1942 Lee Enfield No4 Mk1
- Bergara B14r Carbon
- CZ 457 Long Range Precision Gen2
- Kriss Defiance DMK
- GSG 1911
- Beretta 686E 12g

https://www.instagram.com/cornish_viking/
andrew375

#4 Post by andrew375 »

Try an industrial ppe supplier like arco. Gortex probably won't be good enough for what you need as you will be effectively immersed in water, the ones I see in use are of the oil skin tyre material.
"Consciousness is a lie your brain tells you to make you think you know what you are doing." Professor Maria Goncalves.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear. George Orwell.
kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

#5 Post by kennyc »

andrew375 wrote:Try an industrial ppe supplier like arco. Gortex probably won't be good enough for what you need as you will be effectively immersed in water, the ones I see in use are of the oil skin tyre material.
shorts! thats the answer lollol

Full-bore McQueens shoot
IMG00220-20110804-0940 (Small).jpg
Lancs Lad
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Diggle / Altcar and anywhere else that will have me.

#6 Post by Lancs Lad »

Hi John;

Google 'flexothane'

This is what the farmers use and it is completely waterproof. It is very strong, quiet in use and stretches with the body. Have a look on the ARCO website.

You won't be disappointed.

:flag13: LL
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#7 Post by Alpha1 »

Mine are military surplus. I have had them for years they are Gortex cost me £12.00
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#8 Post by Ovenpaa »

I remember that day well, rain of biblical proportions, every singe item of clothing I wore was soaked wet through at the end. I also remember that immortal reply when the Viking moaned about her German surplus coat leaking :)

kennyc wrote:shorts! thats the answer lollol

Full-bore McQueens shoot
IMG00220-20110804-0940 (Small).jpg
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal