Fishing during the crisis

All things Hunting, Fishing, Wildlife and Conservation related.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
"The Dromia Rule"

Deer Stalking… reliable word of mouth recommendation from someone you know has undertaken such stalking being offered by a specific syndicate is best. Like other walks of life, stalking has its scammers. E.G., make sure there is deer, of the species sought, on the land being made available; that appropriate insurance is in place; that there is recourse for recompense if it all goes wrong. In addition, obtain and understand terms and conditions; consider the implications of allowing a syndicate leader to be a FAC mentor; make sure ‘coaches’ are suitably qualified; consider the quality of deer management, the construction & execution of a shooting plan and safety; determine if the land is over-shot.

If in doubt, contact BASC or similar.

http://www.basc.org.uk/

Anyone considered to be a scammer will be banned without warning.
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

Re: Fishing during the crisis

#11 Post by dromia »

"Full speed ahead in the subversion of oomanity !"

Oh for heavens sake badger we don't need your help there we manage that quiet well without you.

Any one would think that you were a cabinet minister with you trying to get kudos from creating a disaster.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Lampuki

#12 Post by Lampuki »

snayperskaya wrote:
Lampuki wrote:I noticed three people out fishing my local river this weekend (spinning without landing nets) Not only breaking the Covid 19 rules but the rivers are out of season too.
A swift call to the EA to report it however there were even more the following day so I suppose resources are tight and no action was taken?
It boils my boilable stuff!
Not sure where you are and which river it is on but it is salmon fishing season so it could be folks spinning for salmon, although as you said it wouldn't be advisable due to the lockdown restrictions.........far more likely to be Eastern Europeans spinning for pike for the pot, it's quite a problem round my way with Poles fishing without a licence on a lot of pools with carp in them and knocking everything they catch on the head and taking them home!.Some fisheries spent hundreds of thousands of pounds stocking with decent carp etc and anglers quite often pay a couple of hundred quid a year on season tickets and these sods nick them for the pot!
I'm in Suffolk. EEs after food. Yep it's fairly common around here too.
snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#13 Post by snayperskaya »

meles meles wrote:Full speed ahead in the subversion of oomanity !
All this "oomanity" and "oomans" business should carry the same penalty as calling bullets "heads"!!!!.

You do realise you're not really a Badger???.......
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
meles meles
Site Supporter Since 2020
Home club or Range: HBSA

#14 Post by meles meles »

er, and you passed off from Veshnyaki on which course and year, tovarich?
Badger
CEO (Chief Excavatin' Officer)
Badger Korporashun

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.
"Quelle style, so British"
meles meles

#15 Post by meles meles »

* Slinks away to sit on the naughty step for a while*
Badger
Badger Korporashun

snayperskaya
Past Supporter

#16 Post by snayperskaya »

meles meles wrote:er, and you passed off from Veshnyaki on which course and year, tovarich?
To be fair my great grandmother was originally from St Petersburg and I have extended family in Russia* so schastlivyye dni Tovarisch ussrflag

You may well be a Badger for all i know, take no notice of me I'm just a grumpy sod today so apologies :good:

*so far attempts to trace them has largely drawn a blank as many of the records for the St Petersburg area were apparently lost or destroyed during the Siege of Leningrad although my cousin has been able to trace a distant cousin living in Nizhny Novgorod as he did one of those DNA ancestry tests that linked them together.It was my cousin that discovered our great grandmother was Russian when he did his fathers family tree, which is obviously the same as my fathers.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

meles meles

#17 Post by meles meles »

Ah, Nizhny Novgorod, didn't the Machine Building Plant there churn out a phenomenal amount of howitzers and tanks in WW2 despite the Luftwaffe blitzing them for 100 days or so ?

*Scurries away to the library*
Badger
Badger Korporashun

Polchraine

#18 Post by Polchraine »

Is Crayfish trapping in my garden permissible? Have not seen or heard anything, so I'll carry on.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
- Abraham Lincoln

Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

God loves stupid people, that is why he made so many of them.
snayperskaya
Past Supporter

#19 Post by snayperskaya »

Polchraine wrote:Is Crayfish trapping in my garden permissible? Have not seen or heard anything, so I'll carry on.
Yabbies for tea?

Polchraine

#20 Post by Polchraine »

snayperskaya wrote:
Polchraine wrote:Is Crayfish trapping in my garden permissible? Have not seen or heard anything, so I'll carry on.
Yabbies for tea?
That's a good Aussie name for them. Unfortunately there are not to many at present or I need to change the bait

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
- Abraham Lincoln

Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

God loves stupid people, that is why he made so many of them.