Bell Target

All types of competitive shooting including Bell Target, MR TR F/TR F Open, GR, Small Bore and BR

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
This section is for people who shoot or want to shoot in competitions and includes future events, how to get started, choice of rifle and calibres including wildcats, how to prepare for your competition, and of course how you did!
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: Bell Target

#11 Post by Ovenpaa »

Yes and yes.

So yes to the 3/8" hole and yes, the 5,0mm is the centre. the 5 ring is 1" diameter and the 4 ring is 2", 3 ring is 3" and the 2 ring is 5" there is no 1 ring.

Do you want me to pop some bell target paint in the post, there is no charge :)
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Dellboy
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: Star Shooting Club

#12 Post by Dellboy »

where can i find a template ?
2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

Enjoy today as tomorrow might not come .

Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.

Ovenpaa

#13 Post by Ovenpaa »

Templates are in the link below, I would use the 127 target although it does mean printing more off.

https://lincsbelltarget.co.uk/forum/vie ... ?f=19&t=16

Forgot to add, the postal competition is open to everyone and everywhere and it already has someone from Germany and one from Hungary. There are some exceptional shots, luckily some of us are crap as well :)
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Cookisan
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: Diggle and MSR&PC

#14 Post by Cookisan »

Hello Ovenpaa,

Thanks for the confirmation of those figures.

That's kind, and yes I'll take you up on the offer, thank you. Out of interest what makes it bell target paint?

I now realise why my attempts the other day with the paper targets appeared to be soooo rubbish, the printer squirted them out at half size!!! On a full sided target I've improved to just standard rubbish!
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#15 Post by dromia »

It doesn't dry, titanium dioxide mixed with oil, cooking oil is fine.

After each shooter has fired their round the score is taken and then the metal target face is just touched up fresh for the next shooter.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Cookisan

#16 Post by Cookisan »

Mark 1 garage project, with 3/8" target at the top and a whopping 3/4" target at the bottom for wimps!
bell 2.jpg
I think it already needs an up grade to reduce weight in the paddles to get a louder ring. The "bells" are bronze castings from the "it might come in hand one day" bin. They make a really nice sound.
bell 1.jpg
The results still look as if I've used a shotgun from the hip, so I'm not posting incriminating evidence!
Cookisan

#17 Post by Cookisan »

Cheers Dromia.
Ovenpaa

#18 Post by Ovenpaa »

Ah, the right target always helps! The BT paint is a mix of Titanium dioxide powder and baby oil. The reason being the impact is enough to leave a mark and the paint never sets. So once 'painted' you can just use a brush to move the paint around, typically a painted plate will go half a season before it needs painting again. PM me your address and I will pop some in the post for you.

Small targets reminds me of shooting a F Open comp many years ago. It was at the Phoenix and I was running a 42X 'scope with the first detail at 300 yards. I would zoom in so far I could not see the target number and shot one target to the left of me. (Oops!) So once finished I would zoom down to 12X so I would not fall into that trap again and walked back to the 500 yard point. Set up and thought FFS that target is small! Shot my sighters and the first couple of shots before realising where I had gone wrong. I actually did as well at 12x as I did at 42x so draw your own conclusions :)
/d

Shed Journal
Ovenpaa

#19 Post by Ovenpaa »

Cookisan, good effort and thank you Adam for posting a more succinct answer!
/d

Shed Journal
Ovenpaa

#20 Post by Ovenpaa »

For any of you wishing to shoot the postal BT competition, it ends at midnight Sunday 19t April, however there is a new competition for next week.
/d

Shed Journal