Lockdown Easing...

Moderator: dromia

Pippin89
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club

Lockdown Easing...

#1 Post by Pippin89 »

Interesting theory from my sister who is an intensive care nurse for the NHS. She thinks restrictions are being eased now in an attempt to induce a second wave in order to get it out the way before winter.
As there was so much effort to delay the peak until last winter was over I can completely believe that...

Not much anyone can do with this information, I just thought it was interesting!
GeeRam
Home club or Range: PSC, Bisley

Re: Lockdown Easing...

#2 Post by GeeRam »

Anything is possible with this situation.

We've already seen what's happening in the southern states of the US, as they came out of lockdown too early, and infection rates are up again in France and Austria and a couple of other places in Europe. I always expected our rates to start going up again come Sept/Oct, but that will be too close to winter, and if so, it will be a grim and long winter we'll have to endure.
Having now been without a job for 4 months now, I'm not looking forward to a long grim winter....as chances of getting back into work are fast receeding.
Lancs Lad
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Diggle / Altcar and anywhere else that will have me.

#3 Post by Lancs Lad »

I think most people are at the stage now where they just want to get back to some form of normality (whatever that is).
There are so many theories whizzing around it's just getting ridiculous ... although I'm sure that the truth is out there somewhere.
I'll comply with the guidance of course, if only to make other folks feel safe but I'm at the point now where I feel my life has been on hold for long enough and no ... I don't have the answers before anyone asks, but patience is definitely starting to wear a bit thin.

:flag13: LL
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#4 Post by dromia »

I really loved lock down, it didn't impinge on my life at all other than a brief time of toilet roll rationing. In many ways it improved it.

With most of the human race locked away the world became a much better place to be.

Still no worries peoples stupidity combined with boris the buffoons complete ineptitude means that a second wave greater than the initial pandemic is looming close and the lock down then will be even stricter.

Humans are a far greater threat than covid-19.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Dellboy
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: Star Shooting Club

#5 Post by Dellboy »

dromia wrote:I really loved lock down, it didn't impinge on my life at all other than a brief time of toilet roll rationing. In many ways it improved it.

With most of the human race locked away the world became a much better place to be.

Still no worries peoples stupidity combined with boris the buffoons complete ineptitude means that a second wave greater than the initial pandemic is looming close and the lock down then will be even stricter.

With one exception i agree
The peace and quiet the respect and the lack of take away litter on the side of the road .
Unfortunately the brief inturlude into sanity is now over people have jumped back on the wheel and are racing their fellow rats ...

as a side note if you get short of toilet roll or kitchen roll when part 2 hits my mother (96 dont tell her i told you ) having lived through the war could probably help you out ..
proper preparation for any shortage since the end of WW11
2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

Enjoy today as tomorrow might not come .

Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.

dodgyrog
Site Supporter Since 2015
Home club or Range: Three Counties Sporting Club & Gardners Guns

#6 Post by dodgyrog »

Dellboy wrote:
dromia wrote:I really loved lock down, it didn't impinge on my life at all other than a brief time of toilet roll rationing. In many ways it improved it.

With one exception i agree
The peace and quiet the respect and the lack of take away litter on the side of the road .
Unfortunately the brief inturlude into sanity is now over people have jumped back on the wheel and are racing their fellow rats ...

as a side note if you get short of toilet roll or kitchen roll when part 2 hits my mother (96 dont tell her i told you ) having lived through the war could probably help you out ..
proper preparation for any shortage since the end of WW11
I believe a bigger threat to be shortage of food and loss of our way of life and our freedoms. I suspect plans are afoot to take out firearms from us sooner or later.
This guy seems to sum up how I feel. Conspiracy or not??
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhJL6RDo9XA
Purveyor of fine cast boolits.
All round good guy and VERY grumpy old man.
Christel
Site Admin

#7 Post by Christel »

Well, we have over the last few weeks been told by suppliers that they can't supply.

So when can you supply...3-6 months is the answer.

Maybe it is a knock on effect from the lock down.