FAC application is in the post

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

rid the gent
Home club or Range: Mayfair shooting centre and Tyne valley rifle club

FAC application is in the post

#1 Post by rid the gent »

So just posted my FAC application to Northumbria police.
Hopefully doesn’t take long!!
Skyline_UK
Home club or Range: Duchy Shooting Association

Re: FAC application is in the post

#2 Post by Skyline_UK »

wtf My renewal expires early September and the Police told our club to tell members to respond straight away to their renewal letters. So I did in June - within 48 hours. I would have done it sooner but they sent the form in Acrobat format, which was ok except after I'd spent hours filling it in and saving it I couldn't recover an editable version to finish it off. They obviously haven't realised that we don't all have a full subscription to Acrobat at £15 a month! No biggie, I just filled it all in again the next day in one sitting (important!), and printed it. I haven't heard back yet and early September is looming.... 8-)
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#3 Post by Ovenpaa »

Lincolnshire has gone to all applications being completed on-line which is great, however you also need a letter from your GP which people tend to forget/ignore. No letter no FAC or SGC and we currently have 8-9 guns sitting in the armoury because customers decided such rules did not apply to them.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Les
Home club or Range: WRPC

#4 Post by Les »

rid the gent wrote:So just posted my FAC application to Northumbria police.
Hopefully doesn’t take long!!
Good luck with your application. :good:
Blackstuff

#5 Post by Blackstuff »

Ovenpaa wrote:Lincolnshire has gone to all applications being completed on-line which is great, however you also need a letter from your GP which people tend to forget/ignore. No letter no FAC or SGC and we currently have 8-9 guns sitting in the armoury because customers decided such the whims of some chief constables did not apply to them.
FIFY teanews
DVC
Ovenpaa

#6 Post by Ovenpaa »

:good:
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
CraigH
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: Mayfair Sunderland

#7 Post by CraigH »

Best of luck :good:
Geek
Site Supporter Since 2020
Home club or Range: Diggle Range and Rossendale Fusiliers

#8 Post by Geek »

Ovenpaa wrote:Lincolnshire has gone to all applications being completed on-line which is great, however you also need a letter from your GP which people tend to forget/ignore. No letter no FAC or SGC and we currently have 8-9 guns sitting in the armoury because customers decided such rules did not apply to them.
Been trying for months to get my son an FAC and SGC as a mirror to mine (application all complete other than medical letter). GMP are not currently accepting new application (that was the case the last time I spoke to them a few weeks ago). Also, our GP will not issue the medical letter (not something they do apparently).
Regards,

Geek

AI AT (.308/6.5CM), Ruger PR (6.5CM), American Rimfire (.22LR), Remington 700 (.223), Marlin underlever .38/.357/.44, Savage 6BR, RimfireMagic .22LR, Fabarm Lion (s1), Fabarm Axis Baikal S/S
rid the gent
Home club or Range: Mayfair shooting centre and Tyne valley rifle club

#9 Post by rid the gent »

So just an update, I’ve received a letter from my GP saying they received notice of my application from Northumbria police and my GP would like £35 for the pleasure to fill in the medical letter.
At least I know it’s moving along!
Ed_Thurley

#10 Post by Ed_Thurley »

Glad to hear it's moving along for you, but the cheek of your G.P to ask for payment, sounds annoying/ridiculous to me.

Sent from my KOB-L09 using "An application"