Rifle recommendations

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

DaveB
Home club or Range: Wellington Service Rifle Assocaition; NZ Deerstalkers Association; Wairarapa Pistol & Shooting Sports Club

Re: Rifle recommendations

#21 Post by DaveB »

kennyc wrote:
J4mes wrote:I'm in for a .223 and have noticed that the Howa 1500 get great reviews for the price point. They can be had 2nd hand for £400ish, leaving money for optics etc!
don't worry about the "price point" thing, they are good rifles fullstop! very adaptable with a good selection of parts available now, although you need to confirm twist rate in .223 mine is 1-9 although I have been told they have changed to 1-12? which seems madness to me !
I just checked my Howa 1500 Mini Action Stainless in .223, and the barrel is stamped 1 in 8" twist,, so that's good news. Going backwards to a 1 in 12" twist would indeed be madness on their part.
GeeRam
Home club or Range: PSC, Bisley

Re: Rifle recommendations

#22 Post by GeeRam »

I'd be looking at a Tikka if it were my money.