Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

More snouts in the trough............

#1 Post by Pete »

https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/gover ... cts-711916

And some people actually think they're doing a grand job??? 5mith

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
Pippin89
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club

Re: More snouts in the trough............

#2 Post by Pippin89 »

I don't think anyone thinks they have done everything perfectly. But I am pretty sure I couldn't have done a better job!
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#3 Post by dromia »

The Bash Street Kids could have done a better job!

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Individual
Past Supporter

#4 Post by Individual »

Pippin89 wrote:I don't think anyone thinks they have done everything perfectly. But I am pretty sure I couldn't have done a better job!
I'm pretty sure you could...
Well unless you are also some kind of demented swivel eyed latin spouting loony with a Churchill complex( no offence )

and it won't be long before one of the cheerleaders on here says (something like) "well...it would have been much worse if Corbyn was in charge"
..because they seem to believe that their own fantasy stories count as a valid explanation for the current incompetence. kukkuk
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#5 Post by Pete »

Well said..... goodjob

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
Lancs Lad
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Diggle / Altcar and anywhere else that will have me.

#6 Post by Lancs Lad »

And ... welcome to the Boris - bashing thread everybody :wave:

The usual suspects have already signed in clapclap

:flag13: LL
Les
Site Supporter Since 2015
Home club or Range: WRPC

#7 Post by Les »

Lancs Lad wrote:And ... welcome to the Boris - bashing thread everybody :wave:
The usual suspects have already signed in clapclap
:flag13: LL
We're still missing a couple, but no doubt they'll be along soon with their pearls of wisdom. teanews
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#8 Post by dromia »

Up here in the NE people would say you could put a Labour badge on a donkey and people would vote for it.

After being on here for ten years it is obvious that we have tories here who would also vote for the same donkey with a tory badge on it.

In fact they have in this case actually voted the donkey into the role of prime minister and he has put the asses into cabinet posts.

I admire loyalty but not when it blinds people to the obvious that this current lot are particularly not fit for purpose and are being found to be seriously wanting in these difficult times having failed to rise to the occasion almost from the start.

There is nothing that boris the bastard acolytes and sycophants can say that alters the blatantly obvious fact that the current cabinet is composed of idiots, it isn't a political argument of persuasion, belief or policy disagreement it is just the fact that this lot are plain incompetently thick!

The tory party does have some intelligent, competent and statesman quality individuals who could have led the country through this mess, whether even they or anyone else could salvage us from the current pandemic disaster (unnecessary deaths from both covid and its consequential handicapping of the NHS, and the stifling of the economy) which is purely of boris's making is debatable, however they would most certainly have made a better shot of it than the current ineffectual inadequates.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Pippin89
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club

#9 Post by Pippin89 »

Personally I don't discriminate between political parties... I detest all politicians. But anyone who thinks they could have done a better job, without any political experience AND without all the data from the teams scientists advising them, is mistaken.

Frankly the whole situation could have been covered by the simple words "Don't be a d**k", but unfortunately people will always be d**ks and making rules that allow for that fact is the hard part.

I'm no fan or Boris, as I eluded to before, he is a politician... But frankly he has had the hardest time as PM than anyone else in a very long time. No, he hasn't done it perfectly. But nor would anyone else. He is the leader we have right now and we need to (as much as it pains me to say it) trust that he is making the best decisions with the mountain of data he has from experts, which we don't have access to.
Christel
Site Admin

#10 Post by Christel »

Pippin89 wrote:Personally I don't discriminate between political parties... I detest all politicians. But anyone who thinks they could have done a better job, without any political experience AND without all the data from the teams scientists advising them, is mistaken.

Frankly the whole situation could have been covered by the simple words "Don't be a d**k", but unfortunately people will always be d**ks and making rules that allow for that fact is the hard part.

I'm no fan or Boris, as I eluded to before, he is a politician... But frankly he has had the hardest time as PM than anyone else in a very long time. No, he hasn't done it perfectly. But nor would anyone else. He is the leader we have right now and we need to (as much as it pains me to say it) trust that he is making the best decisions with the mountain of data he has from experts, which we don't have access to.
I completely agree.

Kneel Starmer better come to the party and work with the Government re C-19. Absolutely pointless in opposing for the sake of it.