Pre 1945 action rifles. Muzzle loading.

Moderator: dromia

jimbo303

Re: Strange vibes?

#21 Post by jimbo303 »

Two other quite common phrases I recall were:

Englander pigdog die
Eat lead Tojo

I grew up on Commando and Warlord - in fact found my membership for the latter a few months ago duly signed by Lord Peter Flint along with accompanying badge and Code Book to ascertain the next weeks Passwords !

Back to the topic in hand - so far not encountered a rifle with a will of its own - the rifle is always proven to be blameless- its the operator in most cases...
Mattnall
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

#22 Post by Mattnall »

Is this one of them "Ghost Guns" the Americans are so scared of?
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
450 Martini
Home club or Range: Swadlincote RPC

#23 Post by 450 Martini »

I do have a friends who does claim to have some ability of Psychometry (picking up feelings from objects). I took her to my local regimental museum which she describes as "noisy" in a psychical sense.
I've worked in museums and historic properties for years and most have strange stories and odd occurrences although it's difficult to determine if they are caused by the building or the objects in it.
Regarding historical objects i have held myself there are a few that gave me strange feelings a few examples are: Most of the Victoria Crosses i have worked with, a scarlet jacket worn in battle in the Zulu War, a .455 Webley revolver found on the body of a Somme casualty and a used canister of Zyklon B.
Emotional attachment or something else i do not know.
Charlotte the flyer
Home club or Range: Classified

#24 Post by Charlotte the flyer »

Back in the 90s I went to one of the German museums, in Berlin I think but it could have been Munich. It had a goods wagon in it that I assumed was used for transportation in the war. It had barbed wire in the vents and looked of age as though it was original. It was open for you to go inside but I was physically unable to. I can't explain what caused it but I just couldnt go in. I've been Tuol Sleng in Cambodia and I had similar feelings in some of the rooms there but I've never felt it from a rifle and I have a fair bit of WW2 stuff.
The above post probably contains sarcasm or some other form of attempted wit, please don't take it to heart.
David Nimrod
Home club or Range: North Cotes Butts

#25 Post by David Nimrod »

I do wonder what my 1917 SMLE has 'seen and done'...

Oh, and the bayonet, too.

Definitely feel the weight of history, when I use it.
Please Wake Up Before Our Humanity Is Lost Forever