Did someone mention lever action?

Anything Fullbore rifle related, Hunting, Target, Match.

Moderator: dromia

shugie
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Sperry at Bisley

Re: Did someone mention lever action?

#41 Post by shugie »

Charlotte the flyer wrote:
shugie wrote:Seems SGC is the only source for 9mm straight pull, Lantac seem to have gone quiet about theirs, and I'm not sure if Calibre Innovations are still doing their 9mm Ciscar.
There's talk on the Facebook Lever Release page about a Schmeisser one coming out (as in a Schmeisser AR15 style).
Is there indeed, I know someone who has imported the 223 Schmeisser, will chase him up on that.
Careful now/that sort of thing
BamBam

#42 Post by BamBam »

I'll have a 9mm SP rifle in a couple of weeks, will tell you how it goes.
shugie
Past Supporter

#43 Post by shugie »

BamBam wrote:I'll have a 9mm SP rifle in a couple of weeks, will tell you how it goes.
My contact says the 9mm Schmiesser can be too easily converted back to semi-auto. What make have you laid your hands upon?
GlockworkOrange
Home club or Range: Parkstone Gun Club

#44 Post by GlockworkOrange »

Thank for the replies, I found the YouTube video and it looks very smooth! Definitely interested in one if they will do a 12" barrel.

The Schmeisser 9mm is a direct blowback gun from what I understand, so I'm not sure how they could make it a manual repeater.
BamBam

#45 Post by BamBam »

shugie wrote:
BamBam wrote:I'll have a 9mm SP rifle in a couple of weeks, will tell you how it goes.
My contact says the 9mm Schmiesser can be too easily converted back to semi-auto. What make have you laid your hands upon?
I thought it would have been obvious, Lantac shakeshout
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#46 Post by Ovenpaa »

GlockworkOrange wrote:Thank for the replies, I found the YouTube video and it looks very smooth! Definitely interested in one if they will do a 12" barrel.

The Schmeisser 9mm is a direct blowback gun from what I understand, so I'm not sure how they could make it a manual repeater.
If the gun is using gasses to eject the fired case it is going to be S5 here in the UK as far as I know.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
BamBam

#47 Post by BamBam »

You need a locked breech to convert it to straight pull, an unlocked blowback will never work.
GlockworkOrange
Home club or Range: Parkstone Gun Club

#48 Post by GlockworkOrange »

^ Yes, my point exactly. The semi-auto Schmeisser 9mm AR is a straight blowback gun from what I have seen, which would make conversion to straight-pull rather complicated. You would first have to find a way of keeping the bolt shut on firing and then figure out how to get it to open when you want it to, without being easily converted back. I can't imagine how that could be done off the top of my head. Valmont say they are coming in next year, if that's the case I'll be very interested in seeing how they do it. I'm also very interested in seeing how that Chiappa 9mm Black Rhino thing will get around this, the original is a delayed blowback from what I understand.
shugie
Past Supporter

#49 Post by shugie »

GlockworkOrange wrote:^ Yes, my point exactly. The semi-auto Schmeisser 9mm AR is a straight blowback gun from what I have seen, which would make conversion to straight-pull rather complicated. You would first have to find a way of keeping the bolt shut on firing and then figure out how to get it to open when you want it to, without being easily converted back. I can't imagine how that could be done off the top of my head. Valmont say they are coming in next year, if that's the case I'll be very interested in seeing how they do it. I'm also very interested in seeing how that Chiappa 9mm Black Rhino thing will get around this, the original is a delayed blowback from what I understand.
That Chiappa is a weird looking thing, looks like Valmont are advertising a Schmeisser straight pull, is that an of date ad?
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#50 Post by bradaz11 »

he probably doesn't understand what it is.
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns