My new Tikka TAC A1

Anything Fullbore rifle related, Hunting, Target, Match.

Moderator: dromia

Pux
Home club or Range: Awaiting to join a club

My new Tikka TAC A1

#1 Post by Pux »

I managed to get hold of my new Tikka Tac A1 20” barrel in .223 had a wildcat evolution put on, for now I’ve put on a optisan 6-24x56i EVX on till I have some more pennies available. Has anyone else on the Forum got this rifle? Any top tips? Can’t wait to get out and use it.

https://imgur.com/4PNahiq
20series
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

Re: My new Tikka TAC A1

#2 Post by 20series »

No but there are several at our club in various calibres and all seem to shoot very well... Enjoy

Alan
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
Pux

#3 Post by Pux »

20series wrote:No but there are several at our club in various calibres and all seem to shoot very well... Enjoy

Alan
Thanks Alan, hopefully be able to get out tomorrow on the local farm to zero it. Looking forward to May when I can join a club, get out at bisley with it.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#4 Post by Ovenpaa »

Not own one but have had my hands on one and it was very nice and well finished. A good rifle by the look of it and it is sure to shoot as it is a T3 at heart.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Pux

#5 Post by Pux »

It was going to be a toss up between a straight pull AR or this, as soon as I laid my hand on it my mind was made up. Just need to find a good bipod and a 20 moa rail that won’t break my bank.
stottycake
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Tcsc,.gardners guns,

#6 Post by stottycake »

I've got one in 6.5cm,I sold the first one I had,
And wished I hadn't, so bought another, love mine,
Cookisan
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: Diggle and MSR&PC

#7 Post by Cookisan »

As Ovenpaa says, if its based on a T3 you can't go wrong. I had one of the early T3 Tacticals when they first came out in .223 and it was the most accurate rifle I have ever owned. I still regret trading it in for a AR for Practical Rifle/CSR, because the polymer 8 round magazines were the weak point and not really fit for the competitions. Typically a couple of months later somebody brought out a floorplate conversion for metal 10 round magazines. The other odd thing about the rifle was the monster muzzle brake from a 25lb artillery piece!
Cornish-Viking
Home club or Range: Tamar Rangers, Cornwall Rifle Club, Duchy Shooting Association & Launceston Rifle and Pistol Club

#8 Post by Cornish-Viking »

Ive got it in 6.5cm. Love it.

Top tip.......Shoot it and it enjoy it.
- Tikka - 6.5 Creedmoor/MDT ACC
- Schmeisser LMR 223
- 1942 Lee Enfield No4 Mk1
- Bergara B14r Carbon
- CZ 457 Long Range Precision Gen2
- Kriss Defiance DMK
- GSG 1911
- Beretta 686E 12g

https://www.instagram.com/cornish_viking/
Pux

#9 Post by Pux »

Thanks gents, I do agree with the muzzle break, would not look out of place on a Artillery piece! Have any of you found a place to purchase the magazines at a reasonable price? Or is there an alternative mag out there? The only other thing to do for me is get a moderator cover & some sort of material to go over the cheek riser.
Cornish-Viking
Home club or Range: Tamar Rangers, Cornwall Rifle Club, Duchy Shooting Association & Launceston Rifle and Pistol Club

#10 Post by Cornish-Viking »

I have to agree, the standard muzzle brake is horrid. Ive just put a APW Raptor Muzzle brake on my. Check our my instagram for pics https://www.instagram.com/cornish_viking/.

Magazines unfortunately are crazy money. Its frustrating that the US and AUS got an extra mag in the box and I believe could apply for a 3rd with the warranty. Im sure there is an alternative out there. Check the rifle mags website. They message back pretty quick.

https://www.wildcatmoderators.co.uk/pro ... cessories/ do some great mod covers and they are currently looking into a cheek riser/cover for the Tikka Tac. Also they are British....
- Tikka - 6.5 Creedmoor/MDT ACC
- Schmeisser LMR 223
- 1942 Lee Enfield No4 Mk1
- Bergara B14r Carbon
- CZ 457 Long Range Precision Gen2
- Kriss Defiance DMK
- GSG 1911
- Beretta 686E 12g

https://www.instagram.com/cornish_viking/