Lantac Straight Pull 223

Anything Fullbore rifle related, Hunting, Target, Match.

Moderator: dromia

BLZeebub

Lantac Straight Pull 223

#1 Post by BLZeebub »

Afternoon All,

I've been looking at a Lantac .233 Wylde and after speaking to Paul at Lantac the possible option of an older used one came up elsewhere.

The plan was to get one and also a 300BLK optional barrel to swap out every so often as Lantac currently don't do spare uppers.

The possible used one is an LA-R15 as far as i can tell and is a UK manufactured one and not the later US manufactured.

Does anyone know the differences as the spec on the used one is pretty good but it's similar money to a used current spec.

Cheers
Nat
Individual
Past Supporter

Re: Lantac Straight Pull 223

#2 Post by Individual »

No idea on the specification differences.

Many (if not most) AR-15s are built to customer spec at the time.
The ease of customisation is part of the attraction.

Swapping a barrel out when you want to shoot .300 blk seems like an odd idea to me?
Bear in mind you will need to re-zero each time unless you also keep 2 scopes on detachable mounts.

Buy a complete .300 upper from someone else and crack on.

There are other UK AR-15 builders around who will build a rifle to suit your needs.
Despite the excellent marketing, a Lantac shoots much the same as any other quality AR.
Cornish-Viking
Home club or Range: Tamar Rangers, Cornwall Rifle Club, Duchy Shooting Association & Launceston Rifle and Pistol Club

#3 Post by Cornish-Viking »

IF your going that way give Wayne a call from https://nwcustomparts.com/ they are fantastic.
- Tikka - 6.5 Creedmoor/MDT ACC
- Schmeisser LMR 223
- 1942 Lee Enfield No4 Mk1
- Bergara B14r Carbon
- CZ 457 Long Range Precision Gen2
- Kriss Defiance DMK
- GSG 1911
- Beretta 686E 12g

https://www.instagram.com/cornish_viking/
BamBam

#4 Post by BamBam »

The older Lantac rifle will have a standard AR bolt carrier, modified for straight pull.
The newer rifle has a dedicated bolt carrier, built for straight pull only and the action is much smoother than any other AR I've sampled.
Earlier Ravens came in a custom spec or a TCR spec, the TCR spec wasn't bad, only 1-7 barrels in 14.5" and 16.75", but they sold new for less than £1500, custom rifles with Border barrels were £2000+.
On the older rifle find out the barrel spec and you'll know what rifle it is.
BLZeebub

#5 Post by BLZeebub »

BamBam wrote:The older Lantac rifle will have a standard AR bolt carrier, modified for straight pull.
The newer rifle has a dedicated bolt carrier, built for straight pull only and the action is much smoother than any other AR I've sampled.
Earlier Ravens came in a custom spec or a TCR spec, the TCR spec wasn't bad, only 1-7 barrels in 14.5" and 16.75", but they sold new for less than £1500, custom rifles with Border barrels were £2000+.
On the older rifle find out the barrel spec and you'll know what rifle it is.
Much appreciated, it's a Border barrel so that answers that one.

Having read a bit on Lantac's recently and seeing your sig come up a lot, in your opinion, old or new?

B-)
BamBam

#6 Post by BamBam »

You're welcome.
An older rifle with Border barrel will be good and it will have made in UK on the side, the bolt operation on the new rifle would edge it for me. I was lucky enough to try the prototype with E-BCG when Gundoc shot up at Ross with us and it made me decide to sell my old TCR and get the new Raven.
I ended up going to SHOT show in Vegas and helping out on the Lantac booth, where I got to see the Gen 1 production model that I would own here in the UK.
BLZeebub

#7 Post by BLZeebub »

Cheers BamBam

B-)