Mandatory vaccinations for care home workers –

Moderator: dromia

Polchraine

Re: Mandatory vaccinations for care home workers –

#11 Post by Polchraine »

What is different between a Covid-19 vaccination and one of many others that doctors and nurses are required to have in certain circumstances: Cholera, Hepatitis A, Small Pox, Japanese encephalitis, Meningococcal ACW 135, tickborne encephalitis, yellow fever, influenza, typhoid ... and more?

Patients have a right to be protected from infection and if that means enforcing vaccination as a condition of employment then so be it.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
- Abraham Lincoln

Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

God loves stupid people, that is why he made so many of them.
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#12 Post by Pete »

Well, my last word on the subject..............I'm of an age where it's suggested by people, (who are hopefully well informed), that if I get infected, it's pretty much game over.
(And I'm about to drop a wedge of folding on some barrel-work......... :p )
Obviously, there will be cases where the vaccine would not be indicated due to other health issues.

At the end of the day, it's all about risk...........and I cycle regularly, so I don't mind a bit of that, but I'll certainly try and minimise the risk of getting covid, or worse, giving it to someone else, simply because my "right" not to get jabbed is more important.

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#13 Post by Pete »

Footnote: (assuming it's not fake news....)

https://www.rt.com/news/521313-pvt-bloo ... -vaccines/

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
Rarms
Past Supporter

#14 Post by Rarms »

Pete wrote:Like it or not, rights also incur responsibilities if you live in contact with other people..........the correct way to run this would be a "No vaccination, no treatment if you get the illness".

Pete.
You won't need my tax contribution then?
Chuck

#15 Post by Chuck »

Dark Skies;
How about this scenario. If the police could know exactly where everybody were, had been, their friends and associates, people they had spoken to and so on, with just a few taps of a keyboard and it had the potential to deter crime ... Well it would be unreasonable to protest at being chipped, like a dog, with an unobtrusive transmitter under the skin, wouldn't it? And if people REALLY didn't like it, well, they could just bugger off to another country.

How about that 'if it saves one life' we're unreasonable in wanting to privately own firearms cliché?
Nobody needs a gun. Turn 'em all in and it could eventually save someone's life taken by the hand of a criminal or someone that had a mental wobble.

Trading rights and civil liberties for perceived safety is always a bad idea in my book.
It's a terrible idea, only an utter moron would do that!

Pete, you're coming across as right little snide who is happy to be subjected to every government whim - all this crap about the Good of society, get real. Society doesn't care about you. Governmenty doesn't care about you and if either had their way, your guns would be gone in an instant.

However, you seem happy to give up your rights and those of others just to "feel safe"...Sadly it is the gullible sheep and yellow mattress brigade that are seilling this country down the river and cannot see how much of their freedom is gone forever under the scam of Covid. . If you have kids or grandkids I have no idea how you can look them in the face because your knee bending subservience is selling their future down the proverbial river of effluence in a barbed wire canoe without a paddle.

Polcharine:
What is different between a Covid-19 vaccination and one of many others that doctors and nurses are required to have in certain circumstances: Cholera, Hepatitis A, Small Pox, Japanese encephalitis, Meningococcal ACW 135, tickborne encephalitis, yellow fever, influenza, typhoid ... and more?

Patients have a right to be protected from infection and if that means enforcing vaccination as a condition of employment then so be it.
wallhead wallhead wallhead troutslapping troutslapping troutslapping kukkuk kukkuk kukkuk There is A LOT different but if you cannot see it then there really is no hope for you.

The vaccine does NOT give immunity or stop you getting or transferring it, you will now need a 6 month "booster" of the Pfizer quaccine. Seriously mate, I had you pegged at better than that.

Covid "passports" are a front for the Global Digital ID System and your Digital Wallet, the end game. And now some bank is measuring your carbon footprint on every transactions. Can people not see where this is headed?

https://www.mastercard.com/news/press/2 ... ator-tool/
New study of consumers in 24 countries shows the pandemic is prompting billions1 to consider more sustainable behaviors
Aye right it is!!!!!!!!

WAKE UP!
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
Polchraine

#16 Post by Polchraine »

I agree it does not give immunity or stop you transferring it, BUT it does reduce the chance of you suffering from it and if you do, the chance of passing it on will be significantly reduced. That is the same as some other vaccines.

My mother-in-law went from testing negative to dead in under a week ... she was not vaccinated. An elderly uncle caught it and after 10 days in hospital survived - he was told that vaccination had saved his life.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
- Abraham Lincoln

Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

God loves stupid people, that is why he made so many of them.
Pippin89
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club

#17 Post by Pippin89 »

Care home workers are not "forced" to have it. They can always find a different job if they don't meet the requirements of the role. It has always been a job requirement for care home workers to be up to date on all vaccines in the general program. This is to protect their vulnerable patients. Nothing has changed. I mean if you can't even take your dog to the kennels without them being fully vaccinated. We are not talking about a radical way of life. Just simple measures to protect the most at risk people.
Chuck wrote: The vaccine does NOT give immunity or stop you getting or transferring it
Incorrectness of the highest order... You have been reading those headlines! The truth is that the vaccine, just like any other vaccine, massively boosts your immunity to the virus AND your ability to fight the virus if you catch it. What that means is that you are contagious for a much shorter period of time and pass the virus on to less or even no other people. That is how you stop a virus! You limit its ability to spread.
People like you who read the headline of "You can still catch Covid even if you have had the vaccine" and decide to tell the world that it doesn't actually do anything without understanding exact why and how the vaccine is saving lives, are the most dangerous type of people!
The joke that you would ask other people how they can look their kids/grandkids in the eye when you are the one putting them at risk would be laughable if it wasn't so bloody scary!