Pens

If you are making it or modifying it, repairing it or restoring it, it goes in here.

Moderator: dromia

Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: Pens

#61 Post by Ovenpaa »

Well done!
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#62 Post by Alpha1 »

Thanks it was your comment about it may be M7.3 x 0.5 that spurred me into action. I went and examined the 8mm tube I previously tapped and that got me thinking and off I went to my shed and as the saying goes the rest is History.
But. Yes there is all ways a but. I now have a 7.62 x 54r case with a 4 inch 8mm outside diameter brass tube screwed securely to the base (The head) but now I need to know the thread size of another piece of the puzzle. So I think another search is about to rear its ugly head I am pretty sure its a 0.5 pitch but its smaller than M7.5. Another puzzle to solve.
But. Yes another but. I need to go do some paid work so it will have to wait.
Alpha1

#63 Post by Alpha1 »

This puzzle was easier to solve the second thread I needed to size is M7 X 0.5. So All sorted. For now.
mpblytma
Home club or Range: TNHR

#64 Post by mpblytma »

Out of interest what nibs do you use for the fountain pens?
Alpha1

#65 Post by Alpha1 »

Hi I use Bock nibs from Germany. Normally size 5 or 6 depending on the size of the pen. I like a medium nib. Fountain pens are my favourite. I have just made one for a friends daughter for her 21st birthday.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#66 Post by Ovenpaa »

You cannot beat a fountain pen for writing and drawing. I was looking for some waterproof ink for a fountain pen a while ago and found a chap on eBay who sells ink samples, I tried a couple then asked him what he thought might work. In turn he asked his wife who does watercolours and between us we found an ink of the right colour that worked with my paper and did not bleed.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Alpha1

#67 Post by Alpha1 »

My sister does water colours. She recently asked if I could make her a calligraphy pen. I made her a fountain pen with four different calligraphy nibs each nib is fitted with its own ink pump and reservoir. So when you want to change nibs you just screw the whole nib and ink reservoir out and screw another one in. You don,t have to empty the ink you just store the nib until the next time. Unless you want a different colour ink of course.
Alpha1

#68 Post by Alpha1 »

Boring boring I get it.
The 21st birthday pen.
DSC_0001_BURST2021030116365560.jpg
I still have a few of the blanks but they are being rapidly snapped up for pen sets. This is a £120 fountain pen.