7,3 reinstated. Guns back at their home

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

7,3 reinstated. Guns back at their home

#1 Post by bradaz11 »

IMG_20210915_155331.jpg
Not sure it needs further comment, but I got hand on with my guns again this week. Feels like forever.
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
Nelly2014
Home club or Range: WNSC, UKPSA, SDC, MYOB

Re: 7,3 reinstated. Guns back at their home

#2 Post by Nelly2014 »

How do you get those modern ones like the Glocks on 7.3? Asking because I recently applied for a 'box' and considering what I can get to fill it.
Sim G
Past Supporter

#3 Post by Sim G »

As much as I admire Stuart’s collection, the whole debacle of British gun laws still boils my p***!!!
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#4 Post by Ovenpaa »

Got them back. Where from?
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
AL8

#5 Post by AL8 »

Nelly2014 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:08 pm How do you get those modern ones like the Glocks on 7.3? Asking because I recently applied for a 'box' and considering what I can get to fill it.
All down to your collection theme and justification.
The newer something is, the potentially harder it gets
bnz41
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#6 Post by bnz41 »

That is excellent news, goodjob

I do like your collection, like you we have modern pistols "How do you get those modern ones like the Glocks on 7.3?" was the question in our case they are very rare and available in limited numbers. There has to be a reason for you wanting a particular pistol on 7.3 if you do your research send it in and wait for a yes or no.

The newer something is, the potentially harder it gets... Not always the case. fingerscrossed
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter

#7 Post by bradaz11 »

Nelly2014 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:08 pm How do you get those modern ones like the Glocks on 7.3? Asking because I recently applied for a 'box' and considering what I can get to fill it.
Hiya

the 2 with the Glock19, are an xDm-c, marked as armalon, not springfield or HS Produkt who actually physically makes them. and a Steyr M9A1. these are guns were physically used in the British army pistol trials. That is what makes these particular examples special.

the H&K p7 and P9s and due to their operating systems. because they both feature unusual way of handling 9mm. one is gas delayed blowback, the other is roller delayed, like an mp5 or g3.

the S&W revolver is of a rare calibre for that model.

the Enfield no2 is unusual as it still has it's hammer, most were converted to double action only.

and the Webley mk5 is by virtue of it's age, eligible, But all mk's other than mk6 are rare compared to the number of mk6's produced.
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter

#8 Post by bradaz11 »

Ovenpaa wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:32 pm Got them back. Where from?
the tunnel had its section 5 pulled so the guns had to go live in Canvey Island for awhile. they took the Police to court, and proved they had done no wrong, and should never have failed the inspection. so court ordered everything to be reinstated. feet were dragged, but another visit to court got the cogs moving, Covid was blamed of course. they got it all back, then were told their renewal was due, that all got sorted, so all the guns could return.
rsh
Home club or Range: Phoenix Range

#9 Post by rsh »

Sim G wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:45 am As much as I admire Stuart’s collection, the whole debacle of British gun laws still boils my p***!!!
I got a bit excited there for a second when I though the P9S was a VP70 before I clicked on the pic, Stuart :P That said it's a very nice collection there you have there!

Got to agree with Sim G, especially as someone who'll be applying for their FAC in a few months and just getting into shooting, it feels like British gun laws are intentionally designed to put 95% of people off through simple fact of it all being as convoluted, confusing and counter-intuitive as possible.

Might be a mildly controversial opinion (probably much less so here than elsewhere :P) but I'd feel a lot safer if Britain was a nation of well informed, trained, legal gun owners rather than a bunch of sheep, eager for Daddy Government to step in once again and strip away a few more of their rights and freedoms to save them from the nasty men who own sCaRy bLaCk riFlEs. Okay, I'll put away my soapbox now 👍
Good hunting, and Godspeed 👍
majex45
Home club or Range: Hastings

#10 Post by majex45 »

Love the P7. My wife had one back in the day. Only problem was the bottom mag release, otherwise a great practical pistol. When I sell some of my 7(1)s I might go for a P7.