9mm Straight Pull Options

Anything Fullbore rifle related, Hunting, Target, Match.

Moderator: dromia

Charlotte the flyer
Home club or Range: Classified

9mm Straight Pull Options

#1 Post by Charlotte the flyer »

Hi

I'm looking to buy a 9mm straight pull AR, has anyone got experience with one? I've seen a few YouTube videos from the shooting show a while back, there is a video of a Lantac being tested on a range, a few websites listing things but not much else. The options that I've found seem to be Lantac, Calibre Innovations, Schmeisser and T2, have I missed any? I don't know who's actively building and shipping them though. I assume that everybody direct except from Schmeisser which I've seen advertised through Valmont. I like the idea of a full size lower but I've also seen issues in the US of with 9mm inert thingie that goes into a P-Mag. I also really like a right hand charging handle on the bolt rather than an enlarged T handle.

I'd had a play with a lever release before I bought mine but I'm totally in the dark with these straight pulls. any????

thankssign
The above post probably contains sarcasm or some other form of attempted wit, please don't take it to heart.
Sim G
Past Supporter

Re: 9mm Straight Pull Options

#2 Post by Sim G »

I’ve only seen two, Calibre Innovations that was proper pants. Felt cheap and it certainly wasn’t. And the Lantac, which I saw at a distance. And I’d like other Lantacs will ouse quality and feel very expensive, which it is! lol

Schmeisser do one? That could be interesting.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Charlotte the flyer

#3 Post by Charlotte the flyer »

I haven't actually seen a Schmeisser other than a video of an overseas glock mag semi auto one so maybe they are still being developed for the UK market. I've seen a 223 straight pull version with a nice chunky bolt handle on it which looked quite nice.
The above post probably contains sarcasm or some other form of attempted wit, please don't take it to heart.
Geek
Site Supporter Since 2020
Home club or Range: Diggle Range and Rossendale Fusiliers

#4 Post by Geek »

BamBam on this forum owns a 9mm Lantac straight pull, I have seen it and as usual for Lantac is seems a very well built firearm.
Regards,

Geek

AI AT (.308/6.5CM), Ruger PR (6.5CM), American Rimfire (.22LR), Remington 700 (.223), Marlin underlever .38/.357/.44, Savage 6BR, RimfireMagic .22LR, Fabarm Lion (s1), Fabarm Axis Baikal S/S
BamBam

#5 Post by BamBam »

My Lantac works great and unlike a few of the other offerings doesn't require a hefty pull on the charging handle to get it to extract properly.
Can get empty cases to land at my right elbow or go half way across the range.
They start at £2195 for the 16" and various option are available.

Only the coating, optic and mount are different on mine from standard 16", so the Radian CH and ambi safety are standard, as is the trigger 3.5lb single stage.
Magpul stock and grip as standard, can't remember if MBUS were included as I never take these out of the bag, 9mm version of the Lantac Dragon muzzle brake.
Magazines use an internal adapter to feed 9mm from a standard PMAG.

Charlotte the flyer

#6 Post by Charlotte the flyer »

Thanks BamBam. Very nice looking rifle. I'm hoping to get one in a shorter barrel but I don't know if they are available.
BamBam

#7 Post by BamBam »

Just ask for a 12" barrrel, they are out there.
Charlotte the flyer

#8 Post by Charlotte the flyer »

I’ve just ordered one in 14.5”. The barrels come in at 16 and have to be cut down and recrowned.

Thanks for the help everybody. I’ll post a pic when it arrives.
BamBam

#9 Post by BamBam »

You'll probably want a 13.5" handguard at that barrel length.

https://www.lantac-usa.com/upper-parts? ... HANDGUARDS
Charlotte the flyer

#10 Post by Charlotte the flyer »

Yes that's the one that was recommended to me so I've ordered it with one.