Latest NSRA set up

A section for general discussion covering all of our national shooting organisations.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
The National Body General Discussion section is exactly that, a section for all of us to discuss the National Bodies and what they are up to.

Please bear in mind that this is an open forum and your posts can be read by all members. If you are in a position that can be compromised by what you are saying on here because someone takes offense and tells your colleagues or your sponsor and that in turn means you are being punished for your posts on here, think before you post!
Mike95
Home club or Range: Harrowden Rifle Club

Latest NSRA set up

#1 Post by Mike95 »

What a b***** nightmare... old club renewal system consisted of 4 sheets of paper accompanied by a cheque from the club bank account.. current 16 pages online.. need a club bacs or a credit card.. I cannot so far gain access to the online system since the NSRA are supposed to e mail me a"user name".. I have sent off e mail after e mail with no response.. wonder what genius set up the new website...

Mike95
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

Re: Latest NSRA set up

#2 Post by bradaz11 »

it's almost like they don't want your money
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
hitchphil
Home club or Range: Bisley - Mostly

#3 Post by hitchphil »

mine on line was easier than the paper forms - no forms just a few tick boxes & on line payment - its the way it should be now. cheques are ancient technology! - do catch up!
email: membership@nsra.co.uk but they might be busy as they are just back in the office or are wfh? so give them a chance?
Quality control of Scottish Ethanol. & RDX/HMX

& my fav chemical is :-) 1,3,7-trimethylxanthine.......... used to kill frogs.... but widely consumed & in vast quantities by the French? Eh?
Mike95

#4 Post by Mike95 »

I have finally made contact with the NSRA.. I contacted the CEO.. the problem... I have been renewing our club membership for 6 years.. but somehow, my e mail was not found by the new NSRA website. Received a phone call today from NSRA and sorted out how to provide a user name and create a password.. hooray. The NSRA are happy to accept our club cheque. The club has no bank card or credit card. Our bank account will not provide a bank card to a club. Certainly not a credit card. Perhaps hitchphil has a better club solution.

Mike95
Mike95

#5 Post by Mike95 »

Just a bit more about the attitude towards " shooting".. when I took over the club, I had to change the various club officials and alter the bank signatories.. the particular bank had great antipathy towards a " rifle club". I had some difficult conversations with the bank.. they wanted names and addresses of all members and details of firearms held! This particular bank used to have a clubhouse at Bisley.. my fellow chairman was an ex manager of this particular bank, we arranged a meeting and managed to resolve the problem.. it was also not easy to change the bank.. most banks we approached would not take on a club account for a "rifle club"...

Mike95
PeterN

#6 Post by PeterN »

I did our NSRA club affiliation renewal on line. I think I did it right. I got the confirmation of club affiliation purchase and insurance documents so hopefully all is OK. Our club only has a bank account with a cheque book so I paid with my credit card and got a cheque from the club to me to cover it.
I have just submitted the renewal application for the Home Office Approval. This has now to be submitted direct to the Home Office who then send it to the Police to check the club security etc and is then sent back to the Home Office by the Police for them to approve and extort the outrageous fee. I have given them seven months notice so hopefully they will get it sorted in time. This was an on line application.
Regards
Peter.
hitchphil
Home club or Range: Bisley - Mostly

#7 Post by hitchphil »

There are a few banks that do club accounts with a card vs cheque book - - Barclays & Santander were cited in a forum on this subject. Avoid Lloyds & TSB. Sterling are used by many RFDs & so are firearms friendly. Unfortunately many service organisations are full of officious jumped up little b****** that demand rubbish like names addresses etc - just cite GDPR to them. Ask them what are you going to do with that information? why do you need it, show me the company policy for that?

The other way is the club Sec or Treasurer opens a std account in their name & operates from that & gives the treasurer/sec the log in details (or copies them the statements) so you have an account, on line statements, a visa card & can do internet banking. I know a couple clubs that do that quietly under their banks radar & they get marginal interest on the positive balance too. A trick is to use names as references to payments vs things like 'subs, range fees & ammo'!
Quality control of Scottish Ethanol. & RDX/HMX

& my fav chemical is :-) 1,3,7-trimethylxanthine.......... used to kill frogs.... but widely consumed & in vast quantities by the French? Eh?
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#8 Post by Alpha1 »

I had horrendous problems with Santander trying to open a Club account I gave up in the end.
We bank with HSBC we have for at least fifteen years I don,t normally get involved with Banking I leave that up to the Treasurer. We don,t have internet banking. We can not check balances electronically and have to rely on paper statements. We can not do Bank transfers. The only way we can pay any body is with a cheque. I tried over six month to get internet banking spent hours in the Bank and the whole thing was a Cluster fook. I gave up in the end. Any bills we need to pay I pay them with a Credit card and the Club pays a cheque into my account. I am the Club secretary and I have no idea how much money the Club has in the Bank.
Mike95

#9 Post by Mike95 »

Very interested to read Peter N and the Home Office renewal.. my club Home Office renewal due in August and I considered doing it online 4 months in advance.. having read Peter's situation, I might start earlier.. my club FAC renewal due today and I submitted the paperwork 8 weeks ago.. no contact from our Firearms Licensing.. the Gov website indicates a further 8 weeks extension after renewal date, provided you submit 8 weeks before renewal! Fortunately we have an RFD member and I can shift the club rifles.. the only fast renewal so far has been with the NRA.

Mike95