New fourth round of covid jabs

Moderator: dromia

Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

Re: New fourth round of covid jabs

#11 Post by Dark Skies »

Graham M wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:35 pm Are we allowed to say "Golliwogs"????
Yes. Until someone comes along and is 'offended' for themselves or on someone else's behalf.
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."
Christel
Site Admin

#12 Post by Christel »

Good thing about this forum is that being offended is not allowed :)
Polchraine

#13 Post by Polchraine »

Apparently they are collected in some parts of the Caribbean. I visited one place on a small island where quite a few were on display.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
- Abraham Lincoln

Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

God loves stupid people, that is why he made so many of them.
knewmans

#14 Post by knewmans »

Fourth jab is only for immunosuppressed people. Its their booster given 91 days after a third primary jab.

About 40% of immunosuppressed have no immune response after first 2 jabs. Most will then have a reasonable response after a third. The 4th jab is a booster to strengthen response in the same way as the 3rd jab booster does for the rest of the population.

I had my 4th on 27th Dec. 3rd primary was in September.

As I may still get a severe infection from Covid I also have a PCR test at home which if positive triggers a fast track access to antiviral treatment.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavir ... ronavirus/
Ken
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#15 Post by bradaz11 »

I'm really unsure of what to do tbh. I've had my 2, and am being pestered for the third. and I'm not sure I want it. looking into it, it only seems to be effective for around 2 months, and losing a lot of the effect after the first month. so by month 3 its almost useless. so does this mean we are going to roll out boosters 6 times a year?

I want to know where the money is going for all this, same as all the 'free' test kits. the NHS is still buying them and atributing them to patients, which means somewhere there is a hefty budget hit and some company somewhere getting a lot of money selling them this stuff.
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
knewmans

#16 Post by knewmans »

This is recent with information on the effectiveness of vaccinations over time.

https://www.bmj.com/content/375/bmj.n3105
Geek
Site Supporter Since 2020
Home club or Range: Diggle Range and Rossendale Fusiliers

#17 Post by Geek »

bradaz11 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:44 pm I'm really unsure of what to do tbh. I've had my 2, and am being pestered for the third. and I'm not sure I want it. looking into it, it only seems to be effective for around 2 months, and losing a lot of the effect after the first month. so by month 3 its almost useless. so does this mean we are going to roll out boosters 6 times a year?

I want to know where the money is going for all this, same as all the 'free' test kits. the NHS is still buying them and atributing them to patients, which means somewhere there is a hefty budget hit and some company somewhere getting a lot of money selling them this stuff.
I know how you feel. I have had two jabs and as far as I am concerned that's it for me, no more ( I have turned down the offer of the booster a couple of times). I can see a constant advisory to have every more jabs, it will be never ending. No one knows how these jabs interact with each other, especially if you have had Astra Zeneca for the first two (as I have had) and now they are offering a Pfizer booster (no thanks!).
Regards,

Geek

AI AT (.308/6.5CM), Ruger PR (6.5CM), American Rimfire (.22LR), Remington 700 (.223), Marlin underlever .38/.357/.44, Savage 6BR, RimfireMagic .22LR, Fabarm Lion (s1), Fabarm Axis Baikal S/S
DL.

#18 Post by DL. »

If I had received astra zeneca for my first two doses I would be beating a path to the door of the vaccination centre. It's been evidenced that having a pfizer/moderna booster makes up for the lack of efficacy for AZ.

We have the facilities in this country for the super cold storage required for this vaccine, to decline it is churlish.

Both my father and I were exposed to coronavirus in separate instances shortly after we had received the booster and neither of us became ill with covid.
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

#19 Post by Dark Skies »

bradaz11 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:44 pm I'm really unsure of what to do tbh. I've had my 2, and am being pestered for the third. and I'm not sure I want it. looking into it, it only seems to be effective for around 2 months, and losing a lot of the effect after the first month. so by month 3 its almost useless. so does this mean we are going to roll out boosters 6 times a year?

My brother has had the two and won't do the booster. He manages a large warehouse so comes into contact with a lot of people. He's been fine - as have his colleagues.
He's done with the badgering.

I DID have the booster - but only so that I can, after two long years, finally visit my girlfriend Stateside. I wanted to pre-emp any suggestions at the border that I wasn't fully vaxxed up. Otherwise I wouldn't bother.
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#20 Post by Alpha1 »

Yep I am up for a fourth Jab.They are dropping like flies at Work with the disease. We still don,t have enough people Covid free to start up the Facility but there symptoms are equivalent to a bad dose of Flu as opposed to life threatening.
Its the compulsory isolation period that,s holding us up. Every one is triple jabbed. We are all lateral flow testing daily. The Company is supplying the Kits. I am still sitting in the main control room in my £1200 24 hour control room chair struggling to stay awake staring across the room at the Maintenance supervisor watching him in his £1200 control room chair struggling to stay awake. Its become a competition to who can stay awake the longest. It doesn't help that the place is like an oven.