Insurance - home & vehicle

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

Polchraine

Re: Insurance - home & vehicle

#11 Post by Polchraine »

DL. wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:40 pm I'm struggling to get onside with morethan because their premium is 4 x the cheapest alternative.

I know the theory of buying cheap, but with insurances that I never use, it seems foolish to pay more than absolutely necessary.
I am getting close to finalising a property and contents claim with RSA/MoreThan - it will be in excess of £25k. Has it been difficult? No, support where I need and sometimes harder to get quotes than the company to pay out - and they do so in advance.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
- Abraham Lincoln

Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

God loves stupid people, that is why he made so many of them.
toffe wrapper

#12 Post by toffe wrapper »

Just renewed house Buildings & Contents insurance, did it via go compare. Was with More Than for a few years so time for a shop round.
Rifles & scopes & other high value items all listed individually to produce quote. They ask for as new cost of replacement not what you paid.
Did not want to be under insured but again don't want to be over insured. Halved my annual cost by shopping around, and its 5 star defacto policy.
Interestingly More Than was not able to quote. Was also shocked at how much a Seamaster watch now costs, even 2nd Hand it's worth more than I paid new.
So a good reminder for all, is to ensure you don't end up under insured by not fully updating items replacement value on a quote.

TW
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#13 Post by Pete »

LV.........no brainer.

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
Tallguy

#14 Post by Tallguy »

I’m with Direct Line and this thread has prompted me to go check my policy. I have 2 shotguns at present worth over £4k combined, once I get my section 1 I will be adding at least another 3k of guns and bits. Maybe I need to join the NRA for their cover?