Tranter Revolver Parts & Accessories

Had a good experience with a gun shop or rifle maker? Found a good deal? Tell us about it. Had a bad experience, TELL THE GUN SHOP!

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Posting of negative comments in the Gunshop section could bring unwanted criticism on the forum, having said that it is important to let members know if dealings with a Gunshop were less than ideal for you. To that end we will allow what will be known as the 'Scotsgun Ruling'

The Scotsgun Ruling:

>Add Gun Shop here<

"As I've yet to have a 'positive' experience there, I'll refrain from commenting further."

Beyond that please take it up with the Gunshop, if you do resolve the issue in a agreeable manner let us know!

This rule applies to the entire forum.
Double Trigger
Home club or Range: Eagle Park Range, Little River, Victoria

Tranter Revolver Parts & Accessories

#1 Post by Double Trigger »

Greetings all.

This is my first post here so I am unable to ask for specific parts, but am hoping somebody can tell me if there is a good source of parts and accessories for early British revolvers in the UK, in particular for the Tranter Double Trigger percussion revolvers? I am changing direction in my collecting from mainly Japanese handguns back to an early love of the Double Trigger Tranters.

Pete, Australia.
mag41uk
Home club or Range: Aldershot R & P Club

Re: Tranter Revolver Parts & Accessories

#2 Post by mag41uk »

Jim Hallam might know.
Double Trigger

#3 Post by Double Trigger »

Thanks. Do you have contact details for Jim?
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#4 Post by dromia »

"nunhead"

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Double Trigger

#5 Post by Double Trigger »

Thanks. being new to the forum and only computer semi-literate, I must be missing something. If Jim's forum user name is "nunhead" I still don't know how to contact him. I hope I am not breaking any rules by trying. As a site administrator, please let me know if I am.

Cheers,

Pete.
Double Trigger

#6 Post by Double Trigger »

Cows' farts certainly do matter, but their burps even more so! So we are going to feed them seaweed and ruin our fragile shore ecologies. Do we never learn?
davidh195
Past Supporter

#7 Post by davidh195 »

https://jimhallam.me.uk/

Link to his Website above.

Regards

David
I applaud your enthusiasm, even though your grip on reality may be somewhat tenuous......
Double Trigger

#8 Post by Double Trigger »

Thanks David.

I have very recently bought an intriguing small double trigger Tranter in the US that turned out to be a rare "Treble Action" revolver in 120 bore with A.B.Griswold Confederate retailer markings on it. Need a couple of bits for it and any information Jim can provide. Less than 50 of these are known - it's a very nice find in quite good condition.

Cheers,

Pete.
AL8

#9 Post by AL8 »

be interesting to see some pictures of it
Double Trigger

#10 Post by Double Trigger »

ALB,
Be delighted to post a couple if I only knew how. Only semi-literate on the computer and don't have a 3-year-old granddaughter to show me how! A couple of interesting things about this revolver is that I found an Aussie list of Tranter numbers, and the next number up is listed and is also a 120 bore 4th Model (or Treble Action) retailed By A.B.Griswold. Also mine is the 40th Treble Action to come to light, and has the inscription on the top strap "MADE BY WILLIAM TRANTER FOR A.B.GRISWOLD & Co NEW ORLEANS". It seems that Tranter's full Christian name is unusual as it is usually abbreviated to W. or Wm.
Email me at <peter@meyer.id.au> and I will send you some photos. I would be pleased if you would then post them in this thread for me.
Thanks,
Pete.