Nsra shop open??

Had a good experience with a gun shop or rifle maker? Found a good deal? Tell us about it. Had a bad experience, TELL THE GUN SHOP!

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Posting of negative comments in the Gunshop section could bring unwanted criticism on the forum, having said that it is important to let members know if dealings with a Gunshop were less than ideal for you. To that end we will allow what will be known as the 'Scotsgun Ruling'

The Scotsgun Ruling:

>Add Gun Shop here<

"As I've yet to have a 'positive' experience there, I'll refrain from commenting further."

Beyond that please take it up with the Gunshop, if you do resolve the issue in a agreeable manner let us know!

This rule applies to the entire forum.
shoppe
Home club or Range: Any field

Re: Nsra shop open??

#11 Post by shoppe »

Guess what! The second parcel has not arrived Either!
More emails with no replies.
I called this morning and was told my order had been posted yesterday? All she would tell me,it was definitely posted yesterday. I can only assume they did not have a parts I ordered in stock and was waiting for the parts to arrive in stock.
If that was the case and they told me ,I would have been fine with that and waited.
I will see that the next few days bring.
hitchphil
Home club or Range: Bisley - Mostly

#12 Post by hitchphil »

Graham M wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:09 pm I only went into the NSRA shop ONCE!!!! many years ago in 1988 and that was enough for me. The prices were higher and the service was appalling.
I wanted to buy a .22 match rifle and after trying to get the attention of the drunken asshole behind the counter wtf I gave up.
The NSRA were at that time asking £930 for an Anschutz 1913, so I took a ride down to Surrey Guns and saw Graham Manley who got me my rifle (which I still have) for £765.
I was also able to buy gert big Gunguard case, a shooting glove, sling , shooting cap, mat and pay the petrol money to get there and back AND have my dinner in Wallington for less than the cost of a rifle from the NSRA.
Even their ammo was more expensive than my local shop.
Jesus only 34 years ago! lol .... you dont hold a grudge then hu? - will the same bloke be there behind the counter? is it even the same shop? has your local shop survived? & does it have any where near the stock options & range of goods as the NSRA shop?
Quality control of Scottish Ethanol. & RDX/HMX

& my fav chemical is :-) 1,3,7-trimethylxanthine.......... used to kill frogs.... but widely consumed & in vast quantities by the French? Eh?
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#13 Post by Pete »

I've never had a problem with them......they have regular deliveries from HPS, and in the past have been happy to hold my personal HPS orders of primers and centre fire ammo etc. for me to collect, thus saving me a lot of hassle....

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
Graham M

#14 Post by Graham M »

hitchphil wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:47 pm Jesus only 34 years ago! lol .... you dont hold a grudge then hu? - will the same bloke be there behind the counter? is it even the same shop? has your local shop survived? & does it have any where near the stock options & range of goods as the NSRA shop?
:D :D :D No I don't suppose he is still there, but unfortunately that sort of thing does stick in a persons memory. I just could not believe how the NSRA could have someone who was obviously the worse for wear serving on a counter offering firearms for sale. In the last 50 years of shooting I have seen so many good shops close down it's frightening, but I still find it cheaper to go to other suppliers for my needs. I have just bought a new shooting jacket for prone rifle and it was cheaper and easier to send to Intershoot in Northern Ireland https://www.intershoot.co.uk/
Took 6 days including the weekend but I have had things within 3 days if ordered on a Monday. And they were cheaper than the NSRA shop.
Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
rox

#15 Post by rox »

Graham M wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:50 amAnd they were cheaper than the NSRA shop.
STOP PRESS: Online retailers cheaper than bricks & mortar stores shock!

:D

Graham M

#16 Post by Graham M »

Graham M wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:09 pm The NSRA were at that time asking £930 for an Anschutz 1913, so I took a ride down to Surrey Guns and saw Graham Manley who got me my rifle (which I still have) for £765.
I was also able to buy gert big Gunguard case, a shooting glove, sling , shooting cap, mat and pay the petrol money to get there and back AND have my dinner in Wallington for less than the cost of a rifle from the NSRA.
Even their ammo was more expensive than my local shop.
Surrey Guns were a "Bricks and Mortar" shop as well.
Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
kevinww

#17 Post by kevinww »

Although Surrey Guns is no more, the old fart Graham Manley is still about and I regularly extract the urine out of him and vice versa and he still gets us some good deals on stuff as he retained his RFD.
shoppe

#18 Post by shoppe »

Guess what again!!
No parcel has arrived despite being told on Tuesday it was posted last Monday.
I called today to be told ,they had a mix up on my emails.
My email said ,IF by chance I received the two parcels I would phone up and pay for the second parcel. I will use the stuff anyway so no big deal.
I have told it was posted yesterday. This is the third time I have been told this. Will wait and see.if what I am being told is true, his would be the fourth parcel to be sent.
I ordered stuff from reloading solutions on Thursday and got it today.
shoppe

#19 Post by shoppe »

🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳. My parcel finally arrived today. Ordered on 11th February, after HEAPS of emails and phone calls. Allegedly this was the fourth time posted.
Sadly they have lost a customer
Shoppe