Serialised bayonets.

Pre 1945 action rifles. Muzzle loading.

Moderator: dromia

DL.

Serialised bayonets.

#1 Post by DL. »

I bought some No4 MkII*'s because worldwide arms are finishing up at the end of next month.

Some have Lee Enfield No4 serial numbers on and it occurred to me it might be useful to have a place where it was possible to alert No4 owners of bayonets out there that may correspond with their rifle.

C19934

36C6720

Yes I play the lottery at work (a tax on the stupid I know) but I feel that if the numbers aren't put out there there's no way owners will be reunited with the correct bayonet.
redcat
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Teesdale P&R Club.

Re: Serialised bayonets.

#2 Post by redcat »

I visited the EXA show in Italy in 2006 and Euroarms were there with an impressive display of Enfield rifles - SMLE & No. 4. They had recently purchased 10,000 from somewhere. The rifles came in their crates and the bolts came boxed separately! They had begun the painstaking task of mating them up, and the few hundred on display were the first they'd completed.

Redcat
If you think you are a person of some importance, try ordering someone else's dog around.
450 Martini
Home club or Range: Swadlincote RPC

Re: Serialised bayonets.

#3 Post by 450 Martini »

Those Euroarms rifles were ex Italian Navy Stock, they were used after the second world war and had been in storage for years. They filtered into the U.K from about 2007 onward. I purchased a matching 1943 Longbranch No4 Mk I* that i think came from that cache last year. I doubt it had had more than a few dozen rounds through it in the last 50 years. They seem mostly have been used for drill use.
There are some interesting pictures of them here....
http://www.euroarms.net/EFD/index_E.htm