COVID Fixed Penalty Notices

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Sim G
Past Supporter

Re: COVID Fixed Penalty Notices

#11 Post by Sim G »

Heinous crime, Graham! Stocks, or flogged…? Transported to Oz still going on then? lol
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Graham M

#12 Post by Graham M »

£25 fine, which was over three weeks wages at the time. I had been over the other side of Birmingham looking for a job and decided to give someone a lift home and was stopped by a bloody officious police sergeant who said that my BSA bantam wasn't roadworthy. It did have a current MOT but I think he was just trying to show off in front of a new lad, and when I was told to turn up with a "producer" I was well and truly stuffed as I had to admit I only had a provisional licence.
I was lucky I suppose because the daft bugger up before the magistrate before me, argued that he was being targeted by the police because they had stopped him for speeding; and then stopped him again half a mile down the road because he was caught speeding again. wallhead
He got an £85 fine. Silly sod. 8-)
Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
walesdave

#13 Post by walesdave »

You can do a PNC check to see what is held about you at a national level, but word of warning, this might not show up locally held info.

I've had a bunch of FPN / SP30 speeding tickets but nothing about them on the PNC.

https://www.acro.police.uk/Subject-Access-Online