Booking ranges with Landmarc.

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

Booking ranges with Landmarc.

#1 Post by Alpha1 »

You Guys who book MOD ranges with Landmarc whats sort of documentation do you submit with your bid I know you have to send them a copy of the Clubs Rasp is that all you send them or do you include additional documentation if so what exactly.
Jorden
Home club or Range: ponteland

Re: Booking ranges with Landmarc.

#2 Post by Jorden »

They also need to see copies of the RCO certs, I would need to check with our secretary but I am also sure they need copies of NRA affiliation and 1st aid certs, at the minute we also have to show them covid procedure RASP as well.
dodgyrog
Site Supporter Since 2015
Home club or Range: Three Counties Sporting Club & Gardners Guns

#3 Post by dodgyrog »

Have a word with Phaedra
Purveyor of fine cast boolits.
All round good guy and VERY grumpy old man.
Alpha1

#4 Post by Alpha1 »

Jorden wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:41 pm They also need to see copies of the RCO certs, I would need to check with our secretary but I am also sure they need copies of NRA affiliation and 1st aid certs, at the minute we also have to show them covid procedure RASP as well.
I think you are getting confused with renewing range licences. That is not what my question was about. Judging by the responses to my post I have to assume that I am the only person on the forum that books MOD ranges. I will ring the booking office and ask them.
Jorden
Home club or Range: ponteland

#5 Post by Jorden »

Sorry Alpha, I had assumed from your question you had not booked a range before and was asking what documentation Landmarc wanted to see, what do you send in now?
Alpha1

#6 Post by Alpha1 »

Hi Jorden I have been renewing the licences and booking MOD ranges for my main Club for over 6 years. I have been booking MOD ranges for my second Club for 3 years. I have been in touch with other Guys who book the ranges and it seems I have been providing them with documentation they don't actually need. All though they have been happy to accept it and add it to my bids with out any issues. It seems that the only document you have to supply them with once you bid as been acknowledged is a RASP (Range Action Safety Plan.) I have give notice to my Second Club that I wont be booking there ranges after this year and I have stepped down from the Committee . I am of the opinion that going forward they need a younger person involved I am 71 this year. I have a Young Man who is interested in taking over the booking of MOD ranges from January 2023 so I am making sure he gets the right information to get the Job done. I will be mentoring him for the rest of the year so there is a smooth transition when he takes over in 2023 with out any grief. I will continue to Book ranges for my main Club because I am the Club Secretary and no one is interested in taking over 95% of the members are retired and don't own a computer or don't know how to use one.(Allegedly)