PH 1200TX scope mount

Anything Fullbore rifle related, Hunting, Target, Match.

Moderator: dromia

PeterN

PH 1200TX scope mount

#1 Post by PeterN »

I have quite a few rifles but only my Remington Model 552 Speed master vermin rifle has a telescopic sight. That was the first rifle I bought in 1968. All my other rifles have iron sights. I am thinking of putting a telescopic sight on my Parker Hale 1200TX. I know very little about scope mounts as I have never used them. So, what is the best way to mount a scope on the 1200TX? I have seen the Parker hale mounting blocks, A22 and A28 that seem to screw onto the action using the pre-drilled holes. I presume the rings just clamp on to those? There are one piece mounts but wouldn't know what is correct. I don't want to buy something and then find it doesn't work. I am a bit of an odd one out at my club as most people shoot Meccano and plastic rifles or Sporters with big scopes and moderators or muzzle brakes. I have none of those. The Meccano rifles do shoot very well. One of the club competitions is ten shots at a Fig.14 Huns Head at 300 yards, no sighters and no marking, just ten straight shots. It is not unusual to have targets with all ten shots in the inner circle, ties being decided by group size. I will not be that good. It is just for shooting up to 300 yards for a bit of interest. I will have to decide on a scope but it will not be expensive. Any advice welcome.
Regards
Peter.
waterford103
Site Supporter Since 2018
Home club or Range: Aberdeen FBGC

Re: PH 1200TX scope mount

#2 Post by waterford103 »

Go for a one piece mount which will take any picatinny scope rings . The genuine PH mounts and rings are horrendously expensive .
"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
Chapuis

Re: PH 1200TX scope mount

#3 Post by Chapuis »

waterford103 wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 9:04 am Go for a one piece mount which will take any picatinny scope rings . The genuine PH mounts and rings are horrendously expensive .

and absolutely useless.
Any decent gun shop will be able to supply a set of suitable steel bases or a one piece to fit the large ring Mauser action. Leupold are good and not too pricey.