HSE report and consultation on lead in ammunition

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: HSE report and consultation on lead in ammunition

#31 Post by Blackstuff »

Can someone post the link to the document on here please, i got mine from Facebook and have somehow manged to lose it :oops:
DVC
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

#32 Post by Dark Skies »

Blackstuff wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 8:45 am Can someone post the link to the document on here please, i got mine from Facebook and have somehow manged to lose it :oops:
https://consultations.hse.gov.uk/crd-re ... nition.pdf
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."
Dark Skies

#33 Post by Dark Skies »

I wish our NRA was more like the US NRA. They plant operatives to spy on the opposition, get dirt on politicians, and, I wouldn't be at all surprised, bribe them. We need an aggressive body to look after our interests and be happy to embrace dirty tricks - like our detractors do.
I'd pay double my subs for an organization like that.
Chapuis

#34 Post by Chapuis »

Dark Skies wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 9:05 am I wish our NRA was more like the US NRA. They plant operatives to spy on the opposition, get dirt on politicians, and, I wouldn't be at all surprised, bribe them. We need an aggressive body to look after our interests and be happy to embrace dirty tricks - like our detractors do.
Don't be daft, our lot are without shame.
Dark Skies

#35 Post by Dark Skies »

Chapuis wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 2:02 pm
Dark Skies wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 9:05 am I wish our NRA was more like the US NRA. They plant operatives to spy on the opposition, get dirt on politicians, and, I wouldn't be at all surprised, bribe them. We need an aggressive body to look after our interests and be happy to embrace dirty tricks - like our detractors do.
Don't be daft, our lot are without shame.
Fair point. In mitigation I did enjoy an afternoon glass of rum. It may have clouded my thinking.
But my bribery comment is still valid.
Sim G
Past Supporter

#36 Post by Sim G »

Unfortunately, this is not about politicians but the civil service. The faceless, unaccountable “back room” staff. They fulfil the objective of transition between successive administrations, but develop such a grandiose and inflated opinion of themselves, it is bordering on dictatorial. And couple that with senior managers today spent their fledgling and formative beginnings of their careers under the New Labour regime, we are truly intercoursed from each and every direction…

“Small Government” is not what they aspire to…
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Strangely Brown

#37 Post by Strangely Brown »

Be careful what you wish for; even sources within the American NRA recognise how correct they've become.
Mick
Strangely Brown

#38 Post by Strangely Brown »

Strangely Brown wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 4:04 pm
Be careful what you wish for; even sources within the American NRA recognise how corrupt they've become.
Edited correct to corrupt!
Mick
Graham M

#39 Post by Graham M »

At the moment I have gotten myself involved on another forum in which some of the more vociferous members are demanding that the lead ban apply to all.
The argument being "If we have to use steel for our game/clay shooting then it must also apply to target shooters as well".
I tried to explain that .22 prone rifle type shooting couldn't work without lead as there simply isn't an alternative that would be anywhere NEAR as accurate, and that we would be throwing rounds downrange and hoping to get somewhere near the middle.
The reaction to this was to imply that target shooters were trying to make themselves "More equal than the rest of us.
And then the usual insults began.
No wonder we get shafted when we can't even sing from the same song sheet.
Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Sim G
Past Supporter

#40 Post by Sim G »

About a year ago I started using steel by choice. Just seems to work that little better for me. And that said I believe the NSRA have already tested alloy bullets and airgun pellets. Fact is, they don’t work, where steel does.

As for the other forum, some just need to be told to fvck off.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!