Spud Reloading

Had a good experience with a gun shop or rifle maker? Found a good deal? Tell us about it. Had a bad experience, TELL THE GUN SHOP!

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Posting of negative comments in the Gunshop section could bring unwanted criticism on the forum, having said that it is important to let members know if dealings with a Gunshop were less than ideal for you. To that end we will allow what will be known as the 'Scotsgun Ruling'

The Scotsgun Ruling:

>Add Gun Shop here<

"As I've yet to have a 'positive' experience there, I'll refrain from commenting further."

Beyond that please take it up with the Gunshop, if you do resolve the issue in a agreeable manner let us know!

This rule applies to the entire forum.
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

Spud Reloading

#1 Post by Alpha1 »

I have spent a lot of money with Spud reloading supplies over the last couple of months. The Web site is hard work but the service is excellent every thing I have purchased as been delivered within 48 hours. The stock levels he holds is astonishing.
20series
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

Re: Spud Reloading

#2 Post by 20series »

He has updated to a new website which is far better to navigate, failing that he'll answer the phone until late at night for any questions.

Alan
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
Daryll
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Isle Target Sports Club

#3 Post by Daryll »

I visited Spud earlier in the week... not the cheapest place, but he has a massive stock and some things other places don't stock...
Mauserbill
Home club or Range: Range

#4 Post by Mauserbill »

Hello
Hope that the new web site is much more intuitive and user friendly, than the last diabolical one ,could never find anything.
I must try it out the next time I am in need.
RDC

#5 Post by RDC »

I'm invoking the Scotsgun Ruling:

"As I've yet to have a 'positive' experience there, I'll refrain from commenting further."
Alpha1

#6 Post by Alpha1 »

Unfortunately his new web site is no better than the old one. I accessed it to night looking for a specific item I could not find what I was looking for unless I was willing to spend the evening scrolling through the web site so I gave it up and went else were. I was after a Hornady seating die.
rox

#7 Post by rox »

Alpha1 wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 12:14 amunless I was willing to spend the evening scrolling through the web site so I gave it up and went else were. I was after a Hornady seating die.
1) Select Brand: Hornady Reloading.
2) Select Category [from: Full Length Dies, Full Length Sets, Neck Dies]:

Conclusion: No Hornady individual seating dies available.
Time: 5 seconds.

The really poor part was that the brand selection requires you to choose a minuscule logo from the list, so even if you do recognise the logo you can barely see it.

I guess we all have a different approach. What was yours?

Mauserbill
Home club or Range: Range

#8 Post by Mauserbill »

Hello
If you select the specific type die , a really good web site should give you all types and all manufacturers ?
Alpha1

#9 Post by Alpha1 »

It doesn't matter now I did a google search Reloading UK another Company I deal with had one in stock so I have bought it. I am in the process of up grading my dies and reloading equipment.
Spud has huge stocks I would use him again.

I have also had good dealings with Reloading UK the company I have ordered the Hornady seating die from.