L. E Wilson

Had a good experience with a gun shop or rifle maker? Found a good deal? Tell us about it. Had a bad experience, TELL THE GUN SHOP!

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Posting of negative comments in the Gunshop section could bring unwanted criticism on the forum, having said that it is important to let members know if dealings with a Gunshop were less than ideal for you. To that end we will allow what will be known as the 'Scotsgun Ruling'

The Scotsgun Ruling:

>Add Gun Shop here<

"As I've yet to have a 'positive' experience there, I'll refrain from commenting further."

Beyond that please take it up with the Gunshop, if you do resolve the issue in a agreeable manner let us know!

This rule applies to the entire forum.
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

L. E Wilson

#1 Post by Alpha1 »

I sent L. E Wilson in the States an email requesting info on the thread sizes they use on there dies. They replied with the info in less than 48 hours great stuff.
Alpha1

Re: L. E Wilson

#2 Post by Alpha1 »

I emailed them another query about thread sizes and stuff yesterday I got a reply to day. Probably less than 24 hours cracking service. Everything is in Imperial very confusing but we got there.
Mattnall
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

#3 Post by Mattnall »

Alpha1 wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:48 pm Everything is in Imperial very confusing but we got there.
Embrace the inevitable, learn the Old Ways and become the Master of the Thou.
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
Pippin89
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club

#4 Post by Pippin89 »

Mattnall wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:05 am
Alpha1 wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:48 pm Everything is in Imperial very confusing but we got there.
Embrace the inevitable, learn the Old Ways and become the Master of the Thou.
If you really want to confuse people you have to talk in "mil". Everyone naturally assumes it is short for millimeter, but it is actually a genuine engineering unit equivalent to a thousandth of an inch... (why they need thou and mil I don't know)
Mattnall
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

#5 Post by Mattnall »

I used to know fractions and their decimal equivalents but then I got a digital micrometer that converts between fractions and decimals and I got lazy.

Now I have forgotten most of them and have to look them up to make sure (or press the button) wtf
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
Alpha1

#6 Post by Alpha1 »

Mattnall wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 4:09 pm I used to know fractions and their decimal equivalents but then I got a digital micrometer that converts between fractions and decimals and I got lazy.

Now I have forgotten most of them and have to look them up to make sure (or press the button) wtf
Yes me to I was brought up on Imperial after going Metric and using Metric every day and probably the same type of digital micrometer as you I have totally forgotten how the system works for taps and dies and thread pitches.
I was totally surprised at how L.E Wilson were willing to share all of the thread diameters and Die dimensions and give advice on how to machine a bushing neck die and a seater die from scratch.
majex45
Home club or Range: Hastings

#7 Post by majex45 »

I recognise this attitude amongst American manufacturers and suppliers. I have dealt with several American reloading component manufacturers and they have all been excellent with after sales service. Lyman, RCBS and Lee all respond quickly, courteously and on more than one occasion a replacement component - free of charge. RCBS stand out as helping with a problem with my Green Machine, about 10 to 15 years after they stopped making them.
Alpha1

#8 Post by Alpha1 »

I am a big fan of L. E Wilson kit. I have a supply of there Neck sizing and Seating blanks. I have also made my own blanks. If I get a new caliber to re load for I can machine the blanks to suit. I have L.E Wilson type neck bushing and seating dies for all the calibers I shoot including Milsurps.