Range time in Romania

Made or missed the shot of a lifetime? Share your shooting trips with everyone. Tell us about it. We won't laugh, honest!

Moderator: dromia

RDC

Re: Range time in Romania

#11 Post by RDC »

bradaz11 wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:40 pm what was the px4 like? the rotating bolt has always interested me
I've shot around 200 through one and found it enjoyable to shoot. Ergonomics for me were spot on. I found the same with the CX4, lovely ergonomics.
Sim G
Past Supporter

#12 Post by Sim G »

A friend of mine was the GMK employee at the time who submitted PX4s and M9s for the British military trial a few years back. They did very well. Obviously didn’t make the cut.

His opinion was with todays manufacturing and QC, a company has to really fvck it up to produced a gun that doesn’t work and you couldn’t get “fag paper” between those produced by high end firms.

Which is why the R51 and RP9 were such a surprises for the wrong reasons…
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#13 Post by bradaz11 »

Sim G wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 8:31 am A friend of mine was the GMK employee at the time who submitted PX4s and M9s for the British military trial a few years back. They did very well. Obviously didn’t make the cut.

His opinion was with todays manufacturing and QC, a company has to really fvck it up to produced a gun that doesn’t work and you couldn’t get “fag paper” between those produced by high end firms.

Which is why the R51 and RP9 were such a surprises for the wrong reasons…
well the R standing for remington goes some way to explain that. they were not the company they were a few years prior to that, and not a company exactly known for handguns.

shame those guns disappeared after the trial. I'd have liked either. but at least if a px4 comes up, I can probably get it on 7.3 anyway due to my collection.
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns