Barton Road

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Dellboy
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: Star Shooting Club

Barton Road

#1 Post by Dellboy »

As a club we normally visit Bisley but the last few times there has been problems with the electronic targets as well as booking in advance (apparently)

so can you just book Barton Road for a group (6 to 12 people)
What are their requirements

thanks
2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

Enjoy today as tomorrow might not come .

Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.

toffe wrapper

Re: Barton Road

#2 Post by toffe wrapper »

Hi

You cant just book Barton Road, Its booked Via Landmarc once your club has all documents, permissions, insurance & licence in place and have paid fee for the licence.
Barton road is over subscribed and is not open every weekend, the booking cell are having to share it out amongst the clubs. So you will be lucky to get a look in.

I would also look @ Landmarc charges Link below.
https://nra.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/D ... 020_21.pdf
It will cost you x per lane + X per hour for the range warden + WE working costs:
So a rough cost for 4 lanes on Sunday morning 09:00 >13:00 (its half day only on Sunday) will be about £330 and range licence is £180 for year.
So you have shelled out £510 for you first shoot. We use MOD ranges about 24 time per year so licence is tiny cost when / by 24.

TW
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#3 Post by Alpha1 »

toffe wrapper wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 3:33 pm Hi

You cant just book Barton Road, Its booked Via Landmarc once your club has all documents, permissions, insurance & licence in place and have paid fee for the licence.
Barton road is over subscribed and is not open every weekend, the booking cell are having to share it out amongst the clubs. So you will be lucky to get a look in.

I would also look @ Landmarc charges Link below.
https://nra.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/D ... 020_21.pdf
It will cost you x per lane + X per hour for the range warden + WE working costs:
So a rough cost for 4 lanes on Sunday morning 09:00 >13:00 (its half day only on Sunday) will be about £330 and range licence is £180 for year.
So you have shelled out £510 for you first shoot. We use MOD ranges about 24 time per year so licence is tiny cost when / by 24.

TW
If you use a Landmarc range for half a a day. Four hours for example you only pay half of the full day lane charges so approx
£19 X 4.
The range warden charge is shared amongst Clubs using the ranges on the day it usualy averages about two hours.
Cj10

#4 Post by Cj10 »

toffe wrapper wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 3:33 pm Hi

TW
Just to add to this I book Barton Road for the club I belong to.

Since January 2022 DIO have not permitted civilian bookings across two weekends each month at this range. Those are supposedly reserved for maintenance and cadet/ reserve force bookings.

To mitigate this civilian clubs were to be permitted to make weekday bookings, subject to range availability. Still not been implemented though

As described by TW, the number of clubs who have a range licence for Barton Road exceeds available range capacity. I used to be able to secure a booking each month but this year the frequency has diminished to every other month.

You and your club members may be better off looking to join a club that already makes bookings at Barton Road.

Ceri
toffe wrapper

#5 Post by toffe wrapper »

Alpha 1
@ Barton road you are the only club no sharing allowed, so all Range warden cost are paid by 1 club.
I think its 5 hours charged = 4 hours shooting + 30min each side open and close.