Has NOBS gone bust???

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Graham M

Re: Has NOBS gone bust???

#11 Post by Graham M »

Well the NSRA didn't give me a clue with their acronym and their shop is the worst place I have ever tried to buy anything from.
No-one answers the phone wallhead no-one answers their contact page wallhead wallhead and ALL emails are ignored. wallhead wallhead wallhead
They must lose a fortune in lost sales.
Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
meles meles
Site Supporter Since 2020
Home club or Range: HBSA

#12 Post by meles meles »

Well the NSRA didn't give me a clue with their acronym and their shop is the worst place I have ever tried to buy anything from.
No-one answers the phone wallhead no-one answers their contact page wallhead wallhead and ALL emails are ignored. wallhead wallhead wallhead
They must lose a fortune in lost sales.
The service on site is no better. They really do seem to take offense if you expect them to stop chewing gum, chatting and polishing their nails in order to tell you that they don't currently have what you want and have no idea if they ever will...
Badger
CEO (Chief Excavatin' Officer)
Badger Korporashun

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.
"Quelle style, so British"
Graham M

#13 Post by Graham M »

When I first joined as an associate member, way back when Noah was a lad, there were over 5000 names at the back of The Rifleman together with their scores for that year.
Membership was around £17.50 a year I think although it's so long ago I can't remember. I used to shoot the National indoor, the National outdoor, Any sights, 50mtrs and polar bear league.
That's 150 cards for £17.50 which is around 12p per card.
When The city of Birmingham closed around 20 years ago the price had gone up quite considerably, and as I could now only shoot 25yds it didn't seem worth while paying around £5 to shoot each card so I left. I believe it's now over £80 to join which would equate to £8 per card, and when you look at The Rifleman's member's scores they are woefully low in numbers.
It would appear that each year they put up the price and each year more people leave.................so the next year they put up the prices again.
Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.