Country Pursuits Rickmansworth

Had a good experience with a gun shop or rifle maker? Found a good deal? Tell us about it. Had a bad experience, TELL THE GUN SHOP!

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Posting of negative comments in the Gunshop section could bring unwanted criticism on the forum, having said that it is important to let members know if dealings with a Gunshop were less than ideal for you. To that end we will allow what will be known as the 'Scotsgun Ruling'

The Scotsgun Ruling:

>Add Gun Shop here<

"As I've yet to have a 'positive' experience there, I'll refrain from commenting further."

Beyond that please take it up with the Gunshop, if you do resolve the issue in a agreeable manner let us know!

This rule applies to the entire forum.
Tallguy

Country Pursuits Rickmansworth

#1 Post by Tallguy »

This well established and respected retailer is closing at the end of August. They have some big discounts on many lines. Sad to see them go.
Polchraine

Re: Country Pursuits Rickmansworth

#2 Post by Polchraine »

That is a real pity. You did need to know where they were though and parking ws always a nightmare.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
- Abraham Lincoln

Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

God loves stupid people, that is why he made so many of them.
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#3 Post by Pete »

If shooting consumables continue to dry up, they won't be the only ones........

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
GeeRam
Home club or Range: PSC, Bisley

#4 Post by GeeRam »

Shame...another one gone.
Used to go to the Waterside across the road for an after work beer many years ago, and even my old friends wake was held in the Waterside a few years ago.
nic

#5 Post by nic »

I used to be a copper at Rickmansworth many, many years ago, was always worth popping in during my grub break for a mooch or pick up some ammo.
people need to support their local shops as much as they can rather than getting everything off the net to save the price of a bullet
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#6 Post by Ovenpaa »

nic wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:47 am....people need to support their local shops as much as they can rather than getting everything off the net to save the price of a bullet
Heh, such wise words but seldom practised these days.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
daman
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: HRPC, NRA, BASC, BDS, Larbert, UKPSA

#7 Post by daman »

Sorry to see them go, purchased many a slab of cartridges there over the years.

Always friendly and helpful - I recall once looking for a particular choke and, one being found in a drawer of spares, just being asked to make a donation to charity in return.

A big loss for shooters in Watford, Ricks, Harrow and surrounds.