IS IT ME????

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Mauserbill
Home club or Range: Range

Re: IS IT ME????

#11 Post by Mauserbill »

Hello
At these ridiculous prices, it won`t be long before the criminal elements start to look at the production of counterfeit reproductions.
redcat
Home club or Range: Teesdale P&R Club.

#12 Post by redcat »

Mauserbill wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 5:43 pm Hello
At these ridiculous prices, it won`t be long before the criminal elements start to look at the production of counterfeit reproductions.
Been happening for years in the antique firearms market.

Redcat
If you think you are a person of some importance, try ordering someone else's dog around.
MistAgain

#13 Post by MistAgain »

Dark Skies wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:05 am
MistAgain wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:58 am
Polchraine wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:04 am

Why?
He is a trader , the Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 require traders to dispay their identity and geographical address .

In the past a lot of his listings have had the same background as another well known Cornish RFD has on his website .
His listing is as a private seller. As far as I'm aware, being a trader doesn't preclude selling as a private individual as well. That is, providing one keeps the two relationships separate.
ebay put that registered as a private seller rubbish on the listing , not the seller .

Bottom line is simple , he is obtaining those items he has listed to sell . Therefore he is a trader who is pretending to be a private seller and by doing so is trying to deny consumers their legal rights .
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

#14 Post by Dark Skies »

MistAgain wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 6:19 pm
MistAgain wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:58 am

He is a trader , the Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 require traders to dispay their identity and geographical address .

In the past a lot of his listings have had the same background as another well known Cornish RFD has on his website .
His listing is as a private seller. As far as I'm aware, being a trader doesn't preclude selling as a private individual as well. That is, providing one keeps the two relationships separate.
ebay put that registered as a private seller rubbish on the listing , not the seller .

Bottom line is simple , he is obtaining those items he has listed to sell . Therefore he is a trader who is pretending to be a private seller and by doing so is trying to deny consumers their legal rights .
Well, as you're so sure of it, why not make a complaint? It appears to bother you.
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."
MistAgain

#15 Post by MistAgain »

Well, as you're so sure of it, why not make a complaint? It appears to bother you.
I guess it matters not if someone is breaking the law , even Prime Minsters do it (look where it got him)

But what if he did end up in court , and the GCN got to hear about it . They would make sure it was splashed all over their website .

As for reporting him to ebay , if ebay wouldnt take down the person who was selling air rifles in parts , I dont think they will do anything , as usual .
Quarters

#16 Post by Quarters »

If someone was trying to sell a scope of this type but had lost the box then they might consider this.

A boxed scope second hand might be worth more than £20 more than an unboxed scope.
channel12
Home club or Range: WNSC

#17 Post by channel12 »

A while back I sold an empty tin of Joyce No.26 caps to a fellow shooter. He wanted to go with an antique cased percussion shotgun.